• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst World War II (Themed) Movie Ever....

WINDTALKERS...how could you guys forget that one, or is it so bad that it needs to not be mentioned? My favorite parts where when they were sitting around a campfire on the front lines and the one guy had his hair all greased up and everyone was squeky clean :rolleyes:

The other part that was stupid was when the Navajo and Cage were going to blow up those artillery guns, which were just large naval cannons and they both fell down wounded and the cannon aimed right at them at point blank (point blank for an artillery piece) and fired right beside them but a 180 degree role completely saved their life from a naval cannon.

Upvote 0
Lactose the Intolerant said:
Recently I saw the laughably horrible Sci Fi original movie, "SS Doomtrooper" (well, on the sci-fi channel, "laughably horrible" kind of goes without saying). Basically two hours of a horribly rendered computer-gen fascist monster that looks like the incredible hulk spliced with a thundercloud paving a path of terribly acted doom upon hapless allied soldiers. Oh yeah, and one of his arms is a gun. Go figure. Have you seen this movie? If so, please feel free to post any banter relating to the topic of this outstandingly awful picture that comes to mind...
This is why I don't watch Scifi on the weekends.

SargeDC said:
Kelly's Heroes....no others compare :D
Do you know what satire is? All signs point to no.

Upvote 0
Dude I know that Kelly's Heroes isnt supposed to be a serious movie, but still, it is pretty unrealistic and altogether not that great of a movie.

In response to that Windtalkers one, I actually would say that windtalkers is THE worst world war II movie of all time, because, while the sci fi channel's movie was a not-to-be-taken-seriously made for t.v. affair made on a channel that makes its bread off of the unreal and the idiotic, Windtalkers was a major theatrical release and touted as a real war movie. At least once a week I make it a point to make fun of Windtalkers. I think it keeps Nick Cage on his toes...

And that Naval Gun part, oh so stupid. Not to mention a puny 40 mm japanese KNEE MORTAR exploding an entire truck with the blast radius of a 150 -200 mm shell. Im - frickin - possible.

Upvote 0
I can't believe you have a problem with Saving Private Ryan & Band of Brothers. You watch a war movie for the script?! I watch it for the action & feeling like I'm there. The only script I care about in a war movie is when they're screaming "Alamo, alamo!!" or "RPG!!!" (Er, that's Black Hawk Down :eek:)

I didn't like (or see in theatres) Windtalkers because it didn't seem to talk about the Navajo. It mostly focused on the white guy.

Heh, Indiana Jones...

Doolittle
(Hey you have a pick of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs!)

Upvote 0
Best WW2 movies for me: "They fought for Motherland", "I'm Russian soldier" (it's about Brest's fortress), "In August of 44" and "Star" (the old one, the remake is worse, but still it's a good movie). Those all are russian movies. Also i kinda liked "Der Stalingrad", "Das Boot". Also i watched "The dirty dozen" - i'm sure it's historicaly inacurate, but the impression was nice.
Now about Enemy at the Gates. That's why. http://www.battlefield.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=206&Itemid=108&lang=en Please, read.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't give a crap about realism in this movie, the thing that bothers me the most is that the director of this movie thinks of my people as a stupid cattle, like cannon fodder. And all those guys who want to get fun from a movie, after seeing it, type **** about human waves etc. In Stalingrad there were no such things as one rifle for 2 guys.
And please, can you tell me, why did he took such ugly actors to play soviet officers?
To me, this movie is nothing but a cold-war piece of abortion, that amazingly survived.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
I don't give a crap about realism in this movie, the thing that bothers me the most is that the director of this movie thinks of my people as a stupid cattle, like cannon fodder. And all those guys who want to get fun from a movie, after seeing it, type **** about human waves etc. In Stalingrad there were no such things as one rifle for 2 guys.
And please, can you tell me, why did he took such ugly actors to play soviet officers?
To me, this movie is nothing but a cold-war piece of abortion, that amazingly survived.
You obviously are too much into the whole SU thing. What do you want? Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise as officers?

Upvote 0