• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Worst kind of players?

Not sarcasm. Basic truth.

It may be truth for others, I'm just making sure to cover my @$$ clarifying the sarcasm. These threads tend to get a little out of control imo. I understand their frustrations, it is a multiplayer game so there will be differences of opinion and tactics and respect. The fact remains that there is a dynamic range of players. Some are new to the game and don't know better, some do know better but don't care. But, this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion so I shouldn't have hopped in here and made my remark disregarding other people's thoughts.

Upvote 0
I don' so much mind what people do as long as they aren't directly hindering other players. If a guy wants to go multi-class DnD style and be a sharpshooter with a medic gun and a Xbow then more power to him. If it works, cool, if it doesn't, now we know not to do that.
Plus I'm hugely guilty of doing totally inappropriate things just to see if they work so I don't mind.

Upvote 0
The kind of players I hate the most are those who just-learned-the-basic-ropes and are soooo serious about winning a match. They think that completing a hoe map is a real hard thing, just next to impossible to do, and so the control freakness begins. They try to be some kind of team leader, shouting commands through voice comm, flip their sh*t if someone chooses a perk other than they feel is needed, criticize you for using offperk weapons and insist on playing in the most boring and safest broom closet camp spot on the map. What's more, they are completely oblivious to soloing sc/fp techniques, so they panic when you unweld yourself a door for your own, steal your aggro and shower biggies with AA12, etc. What's more, they usually come to a server with an entourage of their colleagues who usually play on normal or hard, and therefore when faced with hoe zeds, they act as obedient sheep of their 'captain'. Ugh.

They are a fun thing to watch, though, when they join by accident to a game where a bunch of skilled players just fool around with ridiculous loadouts, sharpies run with dual pistols, scrakes are flying left and right and commandoes are soloing FPs, etc.

Upvote 0
The kind of players I hate the most are those who just-learned-the-basic-ropes and are soooo serious about winning a match. They think that completing a hoe map is a real hard thing, just next to impossible to do, and so the control freakness begins. They try to be some kind of team leader, shouting commands through voice comm, flip their sh*t if someone chooses a perk other than they feel is needed, criticize you for using offperk weapons and insist on playing in the most boring and safest broom closet camp spot on the map. What's more, they are completely oblivious to soloing sc/fp techniques, so they panic when you unweld yourself a door for your own, steal your aggro and shower biggies with AA12, etc. What's more, they usually come to a server with an entourage of their colleagues who usually play on normal or hard, and therefore when faced with hoe zeds, they act as obedient sheep of their 'captain'. Ugh.

They are a fun thing to watch, though, when they join by accident to a game where a bunch of skilled players just fool around with ridiculous loadouts, sharpies run with dual pistols, scrakes are flying left and right and commandoes are soloing FPs, etc.

We were all that kind of player at some time or another, Vealck; give 'em a break. Those players evemtually either get better at the game, or drop down into a lower difficulty until they are ready to give it another shot.

As for your second paragraph: I absolutely blew some guys' minds last night when they saw me killing Scrakes with dual .44s ("Where's your Crossbow???").

Upvote 0
We were all that kind of player at some time or another, Vealck; give 'em a break. Those players evemtually either get better at the game, or drop down into a lower difficulty until they are ready to give it another shot.

Yeah, everyone was a crappy player at a time, that's not the point. Not everyone was bossing around other people as soon as he got a little better, though. I don't like being told what to do, and when it comes from someone with far less game experience, it's especially frustrating. And that's my beef with that kind of players. And since it's a thread for complaining, that's my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Newbs telling level 6 players to f*** off or join a HoE server because they think the level 6s are all "stealing" their kills, and then blaming on level 6s again when they get killed in later waves.

Also groups of a**hole friends "reserving" servers for themselves by constantly vote kicking other players.

Upvote 0
Newbs telling level 6 players to f*** off or join a HoE server because they think the level 6s are all "stealing" their kills, and then blaming on level 6s again when they get killed in later waves.

Also groups of a**hole friends "reserving" servers for themselves by constantly vote kicking other players.

That's one of the reasons why I have my own servers. When they have a "need" to reserve this server for them, they'll get banned immediately.

Upvote 0
These people are literally the worst.

As the above poster, I get on web admin and immediately perm them. If they want to come to a public server and claim it as theirs, I will help them jump start their own server career by getting them out of mine.

Upvote 0