• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] World War 2 Online - Free 2 Play + Greenlight

HeadClot

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2010
Utah, United States
Free 2 Play Info - Link

Green Light - Link

QUICK DESCRIPTION

Online World War II MMO
Thousands of players on ONE inter-connected server
First Person Shooter [Ground - Air - Sea]
Strategic Layer
Military Grade Physics Engine
Over 100 Accurately modeled weapons and vehicles
Huge zoneless map - 1/2 scale of Europe
Free Play Account - Now Available

GET US ON STEAM: Press the "LIKE" button and help get this game deployed to the masses.

WWII ONLINE IS A HEART POUNDING WWII SIMULATION

Set in World War II Western Europe, WWII Online: Battleground Europe is a brutally realistic MMO featuring hundreds of towns and cities in a huge, zone-less map where battles rage for days and campaigns for weeks. Choose to fight alongside the Axis or Allies against thousands of players! With over 100 weapons and vehicles accurately modeled and utilizing military-grade physics, this game will have you fighting for survival,

THOUSANDS OF LIVE PLAYERS
All combat is alongside thousands of live players in the same game world. Every vehicle and weapon is controlled by a real person. With historically accurate weapons and a balanced set of equipment for the different armies, this is a skill-based game where player knowledge and tactics are essential to eliminating your opposition.

PERSISTENT BATTLEFIELD
While ingame, you will witness tanks being destroyed by dive bombers; infantry clashes over strategic facilities; dog fighters straffing the ground in pursuit of their prey; naval destroyers shelling historical towns all in a single setting.

No other online game matches up for simulation-style combat on this scale. There simply is no other game experience like it.

INFANTRY, TANKS, NAVY & AIR FORCE
Command Tiger tanks, fly a Spitfire or carry a MG34 light machine gun into combat, in this huge WWII MMO game.

Battleground Europe offers a huge variety of play. With over 100 historically accurate WWII vehicles and weapons modeled from the period between 1939 and 1944, you can compete for and against American, French, British and German forces.

STRATEGIC LAYER
WWII Online not only offers an exciting FPS model, we've developed a strategy aspect of the game that allows players to move supply and counter their enemy. This creates maneuver warfare and flexibility to take massive amounts of key territory. As with all such maneuvers risk exists.

MASSIVE GAME WORLD SIZE
The game world is a single, zoneless map that models Western Europe at 1/2 scale. That's right, it would take you days to walk from one side of the game world to the other! From this map, the game provides winnable campaigns that are completely player-controlled and non-scripted. Some campaigns have lasted for more than two months before a victor was decided.

Downloaded, killed a lot of dudes, got into top 10 riflemen (was #8 but am slipping due to some deaths). The game is still clunky as hell and features a lot of the same old problems, but it is good to see more people in game. The sad thing is I see a lot of Lt Colonel ranked people, which is just indicative of low player retention (all that is left are old people for whom the game is their life)

Upvote 0
I played that game for some months, and i talked about it a lot on this forum, especially when RO2 was still in development and i proposed the BE damage-model video as an inspiration for TWI tank system.

The game itself is amazing, huge map, lot of units (especially french ones that are rare in many other WWII videogames), lot of strategy and need for coordination between land, air and naval units, amazing.....

The bad thing is that the developers are really "unclear/insincere" with the community, there are some bad stories about them and the Axis and Allied HCs....they influenced the outcome of certain campaigns and nerfed somewhat the Axis, this is why i (and MANY other axis players) stopped to play it.

Also now they're going to add for example the Achilles for the British, and....the Pz III L for the Axis...LOL! Just an example, but we lack generally almost all modern equipment and we're stuck to 1942, against 1944/45-equipped allied forces......

Many Axis HC members were wrongly banned in the past, and also i evidenced the "nerfing" problem to the devs with a comment, but they even did NOT approved it.....

Basically a potentially amazing game but with "bad" developers and with some unrealistic features that could be fixed easily ;)

Upvote 0