• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stream Workshop Workshop upload: Failed OnShareFile

Bek

May 15, 2015
Hey,

so I'm trying to upload a .UPK to steam workshop using the SDK frontend. I've tried this over two days and I get this error in the frontend:

Code:
Waiting for Steam task to finish...
WSTOOL:    
Failed OnShareFile
Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam.
So.. thoughts? I'm definitely connected to steam; it DOES create a completely blank entry in my steam workshop items... My package is a new folder within /Weapons/ if that matters.

Oh, one other thing I'm not sure about. I can test my skin in-game using the setweaponskin command; but how will end users access the skin? Is there some GUI for this in game (Can't say I've noticed)?.

Last edited:
@Bek looking into the Failed OnShareFile issue. How big is your package size you are trying to upload?

When I test locally, I save my package in the weapons Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\Packages\Weapons folder but after I close down the editor, the package get's moved to Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Packages\Weapons\
I then close the sdk, open the upload tool, and select the package from the documents folder and upload it, and everything worked fine on my end. Are you trying to upload it while the editor is still open?

On the skin issue.
When we add the skins to the game, users will be able to choose their skin through a GUI, we are still figuring out how this will work.

Upvote 0
Hey,

I have the same problem. The SDK is closed, the file size is around 7 MB. Everytime I try to upload it, I have this error. I have no ceonnection problem. I tried what you said, that I leave blank the "Workshop Preview Image" blank, bu tthat doesn't help. Can it be the problem, that I'm using win10?

Upvote 0
I don't know, if anybody has foundd a fix for this problem, but I tell you, what was my problem. The tool says, that you can upload a "workshop preview image" in x*x size and in jpg, png, etc. I always tried to upload the image as png, but the tool gived my an error all the time. For some reason I tried to upload once more the file, but I changed the image format from png to jpg and magic happened. The upload went fine, and since than, my work has a lot of positive feedback. I hope this information can help anyone, who has encountered the same problem!

Upvote 0
1626116693989.png
This issue is still happening to me with certain mods! it's really weird!
1626117288168.png
EDIT: While trying to upload to the workshop, I've seen that I'm having mods I didn't create there! and they're all empty!
(this happened when I tried to change the workshop title)
EDIT 2: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the SDK. Verifying its contents. I've tried almost everything and nothing seems to work for some reason?

Last edited:
Upvote 0