• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design WORKSHOP TOOL - Says im not connected to steam

Fel

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
So when i goto upload the map to the workshop, it says

"Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam."

Also im told that when you upload the map, you need to move the published version to the unpublished folder 1st so that server files pick it up correctly?

Ah i see, unfortunately the tool still doesn't allow me to upload any map yet. I guess I'll just wait for an official fix by TW. Thanks anyway for the info!

My brother and I found out that if you are trying to upload from a steam account that does not own KF2, but only has access to it through family sharing, then you will get the steam connection error all the time. Even if you have the SDK installed it doesn't matter, the account must also have its own KF2 game registered to it.

Upvote 0
My brother and I found out that if you are trying to upload from a steam account that does not own KF2, but only has access to it through family sharing, then you will get the steam connection error all the time. Even if you have the SDK installed it doesn't matter, the account must also have its own KF2 game registered to it.

Maybe thats why i have issues with SteamCMD (for another one of my projects.)

Upvote 0