• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

WORKSHOP TOOL - Says im not connected to steam

Fel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
So when i goto upload the map to the workshop, it says

"Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam."

Also im told that when you upload the map, you need to move the published version to the unpublished folder 1st so that server files pick it up correctly?

Pt.Jones

May 14, 2015
Italy
steamcommunity.com
Hey Fel how did you manage to fix the issue?

Whenever I try to upload a map I always receive the "make sure to have a valid connection to steam" message.

Last edited:

Vampcinda

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 1, 2015
Ah i see, unfortunately the tool still doesn't allow me to upload any map yet. I guess I'll just wait for an official fix by TW. Thanks anyway for the info!
My brother and I found out that if you are trying to upload from a steam account that does not own KF2, but only has access to it through family sharing, then you will get the steam connection error all the time. Even if you have the SDK installed it doesn't matter, the account must also have its own KF2 game registered to it.

Fel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
My brother and I found out that if you are trying to upload from a steam account that does not own KF2, but only has access to it through family sharing, then you will get the steam connection error all the time. Even if you have the SDK installed it doesn't matter, the account must also have its own KF2 game registered to it.
Maybe thats why i have issues with SteamCMD (for another one of my projects.)