• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Word of Tanks

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0
Added you mate, same name as here for me.

That was fun, think we gave out much more than we took, even though my crazy rushes into close combat with the super heavies probably did more harm than good most of the time. :D

Aye we did but I was to busy sweatin and pressing buttons to take SS's of use rolling over the enemy.

BTW Forgot to say nice new sig you got there although being a Button Moon fan when I was younger I do miss the old sig.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got an SU-5. I've been getting 150-1000 XP per rounds, with the average being on the low end of that. I haven't figured out their method of allocation yet, though ... I had one round where I got 5 kills, we won the round, and I was undamaged at the end, and only got about 225 XP, but in another round I had one kill and a few hits on enemy heavies that did not penetrate, I died pretty quickly, and we lost the round. I wound up with about 1150 XP that time.

I don't get it.

Upvote 0
Why does WoT refuse to update
WoT.jpg

Had to do it manually.

Upvote 0
The SU85 is a money making machine, I am so glad I made this purchase. At the moment I am running around in it with the 85mm and a 75% crew, here are the results from the two rounds I've played in it so far;

First round Karelia, I got two penetrations on a T-43 and damaged the tracks on an IS-7 with HE before being destroyed. Our team got rolled and we lost, however I got 10,000 credits and 856 experience, the vehicle is only ~2,500 to repair.

Second round Hills, I one shotted a Hetzer and got three solid penetrations on a Tiger I side on. My team completely rolled the other team (we destroyed them all and lost only one single tank). I got 24,000 credits and 1,980 experience, my vehicle only cost about 800 credits to repair.

Similar rounds in my T-44 net me less than half that, looks like I have a new farming vehicle!

Can't wait to get the 107mm in it :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still got the 76mm on my SU85B and it blows :eek: But i love my SU-26 now. Im getting atleast 2 kills each round now with it (Himmelsdorf and Ensk excluded ;))

I miss the SU-26 a little, because of the rotating turret. I loved being able to point the nose in the easiest direction of GTFO while still being able to point the gun anywhere.

I think you'll like the SU-5, though. You have to point the whole vehicle instead of just the gun, so that makes quick GTFO's a little harder ... but that's a little more than offset by the fact that you've got a little more than half again the hitpoints of the SU-26 and the top-end gun does 330 damage. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I miss the SU-26 a little, because of the rotating turret. I loved being able to point the nose in the easiest direction of GTFO while still being able to point the gun anywhere.

Yeah, that and not losing alot of accuracy due to having to realign the whole vehicle is what I love about it.

Anyway, I did get me a SU-5 now with the 152mm mortar, its nice to actually being able to do more then just annoy the heavies now, but the ammo storage is too small, either I die early or I end up with no ammo in the end :eek:

Upvote 0
Just got the SU-8. This is a whole new world of me getting my butt whooped. Last round I got mobbed by a pair of IS-7's. There were like 4 or 5 on the other team.

Edit: But CROM if it doesn't make some money! I got schwacked by an IS-4 that I didn't even detect, first on my team to die in the round, didn't get a single shot off, and still got 14,000+ credits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just got the 152 howitzer for the SU-8.

Good Lord. It's hard to hit anything with that gun, because it takes so long for the target zone to settle out, but when you hit ... wow. 8 shots, 4 hits, 3 kills. (The other four rounds were wild because I fired too quickly.) I got 1200 XP and 42,000 credits. One more match like that and I've already paid for the gun.

Upvote 0
Arghgblglg. Tense game is tense.

Just managed to take out an IS-3 and an SU somthing or other arty piece, all alone in an SU-152 TD. Aside from other tanks I'd been shooting, I had been peppering the IS-3 with HE for a while (122mm AP very rarely penetrates even on the side of the damn things), got him down to about 30%, when they lost their 3rd last guy so he ran away to their flag.

The one remaining KV on my team and I flanked round to their flag and he went in to cap and draw him out and me sit and cover. Sadly the IS3 popped out of no here and one shotted the poor guy while I missed. At this point I had 3 HE shells left 3 AP, 50% health (easily a one shot kill for the IS or the arty) and 2:30 left on the clock. A team mate said just to hide and go for the draw, but I decided to ignore the odds and bum rush the IS3, no idea where or what the arty was doing at this point.

After rushing to the flag area, I turned a corner and bumped right into the front of the IS3, fired HE and got him down to 9%, he missed. Knowing I had a faster reload time I giggled thinking I had won, but evil WoT physics clipped me against a building he was retreating around, leaving half stuck and partially sticking out. He then fired a shot, detracked me and moved back to go around the building. Remembering I had a repair kit, used it and spun myself round, got him roughly in my sites and fired, missed but it spooked him enough to try and come round the front way again, while I was down to only one HE shell. Just got myself turned around to face him as he came round the corner, he fired, somehow dinged off my armour (probably the gun mount anything else at that angle would have been death), tracked his movement for a few more seconds as he tried to go past me, fired my last shot and got him, \:)/

By now there was about 1min left and no one on my team knew where the useless last arty piece was, so I just set off guessing where they would be. 20 seconds left and I cleared a top of a hill racing down to where I hoped he would be, when I noticed a red blip just to my right on the map. Spun round to thankfully find he was already damaged, fired one shot and got him with 8 seconds left on the clock and only 2 shells remaining. :cool:

Wall of text away!

Reactions: Pvt.pile
Upvote 0