• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wondering

Thetoad

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Bergen County N.J.
Thetoad is,,,,Are we witnessing the Mayan Doomsday scenario rearing it's ugly head prematurely..Although this cataclysm is scheduled for The winter solstice,December 21st.,mondo weather this so called Winter is somewhat disconcerting to these eyes.In addition,some of the largest solar flares ever recorded have been reported already.Over 90% of the U.S.has seen temperatures,,,"Well Above Normal",so far this year.

Although this alignment is many months away,,I feel we may be seeing some of the effects already.

Scientists,and astronomers are still awed by the accuracy of their observations,and charts,using rudimentary equipment at best.Not one has been able to explain how they did it.

All I can say is,,,I hope,,,this one time,,,they were too busy watching one of their sacrifices being performed by a priest,,,,than paying that extreme devotion,,,to the skies.

Last edited:
Yeah, gj on the avatar.

Not such a good job on the buying into that 2012 crap.

That kind of spurious reasoning puts me in mind of a lady who I spoke to once, who explained why crystals had mystical powers.

"Well crystals need water to form and we are 90% water, so..."

..leaving the listener, presumably, to make the leap of 'logic' that she wasn't a new age dumbf*ck.

So the Mayans had careful astronomers. Well done them. Could they predict the motions of the planets? To a pretty good extent in certain cases, yes. Were they clairvoyants or Cassandras? Hell, no.

..and don't even start on that Von Daniken stuff, please, or I may actually injure myself laughing. That's been so thoroughly debunked that even the aliens sitting in orbit just off of earth would call Von Daniken a charlatan. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1Back-to-the-future_5e45b424eac04248055721ce96084671.jpg

Upvote 0
All the 2012 doomsday stuff is idiotic. There is no scientific or logical base for any of it. Anyway, the Mayan calendar isn't "ending" any more than the Gregorian calendar "ends" on December 31st.

actually, I do recall there being religious importance centering around the date, but more along the lines of 'a new era' or 'something important is going to happen' than 'End of the World', which is an oversimplification both of the situation and of the Mayan beliefs.

Upvote 0
The Mondo's

The Mondo's

Are taking it seriously.The "Clayponds Village",and in south western France,the town of Bugarich,, is concerned by a influx of sissies ,ruining their vineyards because of a survival village,,,and,be advised these are the macro places....The larger ones are trying to keep their sites unknown till the last month...

Reactions: Gudenrath
Upvote 0