• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Wolfenstein?

lethal vortex made the doom2 levels 30/31 which were secret wolf3d maps in doom2.

is that what you are talking about?

(also, just be patient on the duke nukem map, a new humongous one is coming soon)
is version 05 the one that doesnt work for you? did you remember to put clientmaterialtrigger.u in the system folder?)
Everything that was in the folder along with 'Suspected' missing textures and crap was placed, and nothin. I'm thinking its another file that's missing or something wrong with the .ROM file.

I am patient just curious xD

Upvote 0
You can download the missing file (KF_Asylum.usx) from here:
[url]http://wcmaps.com/maps/[/URL]

Put it in your StaticMesh folder.
Um.
And look at three posts below, I did say I put in all textures right? ;)

Something else is missing besides that.
If i need to post a picture of the Static Mesh inside the server I will have an aneurysm.
If a file is missin and you cant find it, Just open the map in the editor. Itll say Files is missing blah blah blah. Then the editor Automaticaly nulls/removes the articles using that file. Then save the map.

Downside to this is now the map isnt whitelisted, but at least its playable. :D
I'm new to this mod business, how would I go about doing that?

And the point of it is to be WLed and running on the first server, you muppet! D:<

Upvote 0
You download the SDK through Steam, from the Tools tab, run it, File -> Open -> the map in question -> ok. And error message will pop up stating what's missing. Now hit File -> Save. The map is now saved with all the missing stuff removed.

Only do this if you are sure it's a false error! If you're actually missing models doing this will just remove them from the map!
A better solution would be to just get your hands on these models and install them!

Which is why I posted a link where you can download them.
Um.

Upvote 0
You download the SDK through Steam, from the Tools tab, run it, File -> Open -> the map in question -> ok. And error message will pop up stating what's missing. Now hit File -> Save. The map is now saved with all the missing stuff removed.

Only do this if you are sure it's a false error! If you're actually missing models doing this will just remove them from the map!
A better solution would be to just get your hands on these models and install them!

Which is why I posted a link where you can download them.
Um.
Well, last map I had was missing *Or needed* the 2Kmenus or something, that was KF-Downtown, KF-LOTD Downtown and two more that I can't remember.

I'm guessing its either missing a file that I don't have, which is not Asylum, because I've said it for the fifth bloody time, its ON the server.

I'll pop open the .rom file and take a peek, cheers!

Upvote 0
It doesn't say the extension in the message, does it?
You said earlier that you have all the textures, but the log states you're missing KF_Asylum.uSx. Are you sure you have KF_Asylum.usx in your StaticMesh folder AND KF_Asylum.utx in your textures folder?
No, I was missing one of them. Don't I feel stupid right now...

Reactions: Murphy
Upvote 0
the version (05) in the link i gave you, it still has the kf_asylum stuff in it? thought i took all that out.

edit -
ok i just looked on the whitelist, they have betaversion004 (dont use this piece of junk) and completed version 01 (surprised this was on there) v01 has the kf_asylum stuff in it (just opened it in the editor and it says it needs KF_Asylum something) so if you download that package the map will work.

edit again -
ok found it:
http://www.moddb.com/addons/start/17414

Last edited:
Upvote 0