• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [WIP] WF-Hell's Corners

NorthDumpling

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
I've started working on my new map (previous maps will be updated as well), which is called Hell's Corners and telling us a story of fighting for La Barquette locks being a part of a Mission Albany in Normandy , where germans have opened the gates and flooded whole Carentan area, while Allies assaulted it later on.
Map will also feature whole new StugIII G tank and M1A1 Bazooka with whole new rain screen effect, providing an ultimate gameplay expirience.
Here are some progress.

d8CMTuI.jpg

W4RbN6b.jpg

yJYVyOZ.jpg

kTuLWkr.jpg

djyHQqQ.jpg

Last edited:
Are you going to make new specular textures for the Jeeps, and other such meshes for the game or no?
I would recommend removing the HUD distortion effect, it's very visible on the first screenshot. I'd go the way of Otori, and use small draw distance rain meshes, with a rain material on them, rather than a bunch of FX emitters, which decrease frame rates by a large margin (look at SugarLoaf as an example of this).

Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2268251 said:
Are you going to make new specular textures for the Jeeps, and other such meshes for the game or no?
I would recommend removing the HUD distortion effect, it's very visible on the first screenshot. I'd go the way of Otori, and use small draw distance rain meshes, with a rain material on them, rather than a bunch of FX emitters, which decrease frame rates by a large margin (look at SugarLoaf as an example of this).

Yeah, I'm looking for a way to make and use new specular textures for vehicles and other assets. With same success I can just take thoose from Otori Shima as well as ripping out rain from it. And rain from Otori Shima dont have rain splashes, which ruins everything. I'll see what I can do in order to save performance.

Upvote 0