[WIP] WF-Hell's Corners

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

NorthDumpling

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
I've started working on my new map (previous maps will be updated as well), which is called Hell's Corners and telling us a story of fighting for La Barquette locks being a part of a Mission Albany in Normandy , where germans have opened the gates and flooded whole Carentan area, while Allies assaulted it later on.
Map will also feature whole new StugIII G tank and M1A1 Bazooka with whole new rain screen effect, providing an ultimate gameplay expirience.
Here are some progress.

Last edited:

Akaciya

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2015
Looks great. Especially the puddles in the potholes effect . Does the framerate hold up?

Beskar Mando

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
steamcommunity.com
Are you going to make new specular textures for the Jeeps, and other such meshes for the game or no?
I would recommend removing the HUD distortion effect, it's very visible on the first screenshot. I'd go the way of Otori, and use small draw distance rain meshes, with a rain material on them, rather than a bunch of FX emitters, which decrease frame rates by a large margin (look at SugarLoaf as an example of this).

NorthDumpling

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Beskar Mando;n2268251 said:
Are you going to make new specular textures for the Jeeps, and other such meshes for the game or no?
I would recommend removing the HUD distortion effect, it's very visible on the first screenshot. I'd go the way of Otori, and use small draw distance rain meshes, with a rain material on them, rather than a bunch of FX emitters, which decrease frame rates by a large margin (look at SugarLoaf as an example of this).

Yeah, I'm looking for a way to make and use new specular textures for vehicles and other assets. With same success I can just take thoose from Otori Shima as well as ripping out rain from it. And rain from Otori Shima dont have rain splashes, which ruins everything. I'll see what I can do in order to save performance.

Dziga Vertov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2013
Yes, rain splashes are crucial. Playing on Otori most of the time you are unaware of the rain's presence at all, which is kind of boring, and I think it has to do a lot with the lack of splashes.