• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release WIP - Sound Mutator

Excellent! Only better to remove "shrapnel effect", it can be heard on the other side of map.

In reality that shrapnel does fly 60-100m (see the effective range of those shells!) but I agree, unless those pieces of shrapnel are being physically modelled and could actually kill you (giving us an actual reason to get under cover in these pitifully weak artillery barrages) I don't think the sounds should really be in the game.

EDIT: WOW, tested it out and had a load of fun with the new gun sounds, some comments:

1) The "hit" sound doesn't attenuate properly with range, it's just as loud at 5m, 10m, 20m, as it is when you yourself get hit. This means while the sound of you getting hit is AWESOME, the sound of enemies getting hit not only drowns out your weapon but also causes the ol' crackle that RO2 does when the game is "too loud".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, that MG-34 sound is really great. Your Mod becomes better and better.

Here are some things that I noticed:

- Generally reloading sounds are very silent, I have to turn on my speaker, to hear it clearly, but than the fire sound was too loud again. Maybe you can find a good mix for that. Same for the "give ammo to your Machinegunner" sound. With normal volume I haven

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, that MG-34 sound is really great. Your Mod becomes better and better.

Here are some things that I noticed:

- Generally reloading sounds are very silent, I have to turn on my speaker, to hear it clearly, but than the fire sound was too loud again. Maybe you can find a good mix for that. Same for the "give ammo to your Machinegunner" sound. With normal volume I haven

Upvote 0
Dibbler I am unable to get the server to launch your mutator through the start command line. I am getting the same problem with the realism mutators however declutter and reserved slot muts work fine through the command line.

So I need to manually start the mut through a manual map change.

Just thought its something you might want to look into.

Also have updated the Aussie / NZ mutator test server with the latest versions, I think.

Upvote 0
Dibbler I am unable to get the server to launch your mutator through the start command line. I am getting the same problem with the realism mutators however declutter and reserved slot muts work fine through the command line.

So I need to manually start the mut through a manual map change.

Just thought its something you might want to look into.

Also have updated the Aussie / NZ mutator test server with the latest versions, I think.

Yes, I spent some time trying to fix that this time with no luck. Does your log get spammed with MD5 errors or something? I think it have have something to do with the packages the mutator uses. Do you get the same error with the realism mutator?

Upvote 0
Not sure about this sound mutator.

tryed it in the workshop and for me i find the reverberation does not feel right. I hope that makes sense. And it goes for all the sounds in it.

They are quite tinny,like they are in a room.

But they do have a rawness that i think is lacking from the original RO2 sounds... the original sounds probably just need to be sharper for my liking rather than what is in this mutator.

Being shot at by the Russian LMG with bullets past the head is a bit wierd the sound..i like having the bullets past the head, but not that sound.

Also i found a bug, the mounted Russin MG on the first set of houses on spartnovka does not sound right.... this one:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=159966742

Upvote 0