• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [WIP] KF-Raptures ?

=[PMC]= breakfast

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
Germany
Hey guys, heres my map im currently working on. It takes place in some combination of industrial areas and the horzine headquater. Im done with all architecture, but im not finished with details, pathing, zoneing.

(and theres no fog, too. So still pretty much to do)

It's playable but it sucks :D

And I hope you guys can give me some map name suggestions because i don't know something good.

Here are ''some'' Screens :

killingfloor20120906210.png

Let's take this shot, I'll explain. The round stairs are looking good, and the desk blocks the area off nicely. However, the rest of the room looks flat and boring. You could try and the make the back round, which would also help by covering the wholes you could fall through (there's light shining through in the left back). Then, improve the ceiling structures. The empty walls may use some more details, maybe metal trims or something like that. Oh and the flat white lighting looks a bit boring, considering all the colored and atmospheric lighting on the outside. Why not turning down the overall brightness of the white lighting in this room, then adding small niches with colored lights?

Upvote 0
yea, that thing with the holes is a big problem for me, its very hard to make the wall rounded, because the door is under the hole, i'm not that good at the sdk and my english skills aren't good enough to explain the problem :D . with the "boring" light and the flat walls i wanted to create a powerful feeling in this room. It's the lobby, so i don't want that much detail in the room. Maybe rounding the ceiling will look not that boring to you :D

edit : the players are able to get behind the desk, too but only from behind ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
killingfloor20120906210.png

Let's take this shot, I'll explain. The round stairs are looking good, and the desk blocks the area off nicely. However, the rest of the room looks flat and boring. You could try and the make the back round, which would also help by covering the wholes you could fall through (there's light shining through in the left back). Then, improve the ceiling structures. The empty walls may use some more details, maybe metal trims or something like that. Oh and the flat white lighting looks a bit boring, considering all the colored and atmospheric lighting on the outside. Why not turning down the overall brightness of the white lighting in this room, then adding small niches with colored lights?

I honestly fail to see how it would need improvements. I understand what you're saying, but if this area is suppose to be before anything happened, then the wall should be intact and clean. Now, if this was after or during the outbreak, then yes, minor deformities or gashes should be present on the walls. As for the lights, I think their just right, I mean, the room looks like it has a "cool" and tempered feeling towards it.

Upvote 0