• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design WIP | KF-MosEisley

arramus

Grizzled Veteran
May 8, 2009
Residing in Japan
Shipped off to the BETA area for play testing before further construction.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=32899

Updating first post with a couple of recent images - (29th of May 2009)
vdwcoczccv.jpg

uexypsbxjn.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post

Just to refresh my UE mapping abilities, I'm going to begin with a somewhat open map without too much sophistication. Mos Eisley from SW has both of those properties :)

I'll use as many SMs as possible in place of bsps to make sure everything renders smoothly and doesn't look too blocky. I've been able to customise existing SMs very nicely so far to bring the Galaxy to KF.

Here's a taster to give an idea of atmosphere and theme.

I'll update this first post as the level progresses.

xmtfrkmumb.jpg

UPDATE 26th of May, 2009
eegvrrygoj.jpg

UPDATE 27th of May, 2009
bdxygagtho.jpg

An with a bit of lighting.
taubehkqgz.jpg

Last edited:
Just testing a few building designs with the aim to construct a row that will allow for interlocking passageways. Some of them are standalone structures and others are joined with piping or masonry. The row on the left shows, from left to right, a granary / small dwelling / shop / adjoining outdoor market / small dwelling / and a tower that sits outside a perimeter fence. I'd like to have another 5 or so unique buildings to limit repetition.

As Mos Eisley is a space port the circular building on the right is a hangar bay with lockable sliding doors at the front and rear to ensure players do have a chance to use their welders and so the zombies can access through two routes. ;)

eegvrrygoj.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Adding some of the larger architecture and lighting to the main battle area.

uexypsbxjn.jpg

The brightness looks a little rough from this image but taking screenshots from within the editor has a habit of doing that. However, the general layout is starting to take shape with the perimeter buildings pretty much in place.

mqvkpfylaq.jpg

Time to start constructing inwards now and place a couple more lockable rooms.
vdwcoczccv.jpg

Upvote 0