• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Winter trigger guard?

Edited a tad bit;
Dev1: what does that do?
Dev2: Nothing!
Dev3: Guys i dont think this is right. Maybe we should just abandon this *insert bad idea here*; its obvious we're including it just for its own sake and because everyone else is doing it. We need to keep RO2 unique, we dont need to copy from other games
Dev1:...
Dev2:...
Dev1: Get the f*** out of my office and turn over your desk. The *bad idea here* is AMAZING! They'll LOVE it!
:D

Upvote 0
This appears to be one. I don't get it.

CzechK98MauserWinterTrigGuard.JPG

Upvote 0
I have an explanation....its another idea Tripwire implemented to draw in the COD crowd...the people who feel the need to receive statistics showing how 1337 they are and stupid, lil, pointless unlocks that do nothing for gameplay and that you cant even see on yourself...this is why Ro2 was rushed out before Bf3 and Mw3...copy a few game mechanics from CoD and try to steal a few players away before MW3 release

Seriously, will you guys give up this whole CoD BF crap, it's really getting old.

I don't really care for BF or CoD..... I hardly play BC2, and I haven't played a CoD since 4.... even then it was very little.

Oh.... "And I'm an RO:Mod Vet" :rolleyes:

Saying all of that, I actually like having these features in the game.

Do they do anything towards your gameplay?

Probably not.

Does it matter?

No.

Why have them in there?

For the hell of it.

Seriously, why have them in there?

For me, it helps to slightly remove the cookie cutter feel of the various players and weapons in the game from looking all the same.

Not everybody had the same weapons, not everybody was the same age, not everybody had the exact same looking weapon.

Also, in the battlefield, it is common that some soldiers build a relationship with their weapon and attempt to make it look unique (different trigger guards, black handles, etc.) while others put things on their weapons to better improve them (different clips, sights, etc.)

Face the reality people... these things are in the game and they're not going anywhere.

Most people don't care for lockdown, but do you think it's going to be removed from the game?

Most likely not.

A far more amount of work was put into the Stats and Unlocks and a number of people, regardless if they've been playing RO forever or just came from another game, actually like this feature.

Don't like them?

Don't use them.

Very simple.

Reactions: Blainy and jalex3
Upvote 0
Seriously, will you guys give up this whole CoD BF crap, it's really getting old.

I don't really care for BF or CoD..... I hardly play BC2, and I haven't played a CoD since 4.... even then it was very little.

Oh.... "And I'm an RO:Mod Vet" :rolleyes:

Saying all of that, I actually like having these features in the game.

Do they do anything towards your gameplay?

Probably not.

Does it matter?

No.

Why have them in there?

For the hell of it.

Seriously, why have them in there?

For me, it helps to slightly remove the cookie cutter feel of the various players and weapons in the game from looking all the same.

Not everybody had the same weapons, not everybody was the same age, not everybody had the exact same looking weapon.

Also, in the battlefield, it is common that some soldiers build a relationship with their weapon and attempt to make it look unique (different trigger guards, black handles, etc.) while others put things on their weapons to better improve them (different clips, sights, etc.)

Face the reality people... these things are in the game and they're not going anywhere.

Most people don't care for lockdown, but do you think it's going to be removed from the game?

Most likely not.

A far more amount of work was put into the Stats and Unlocks and a number of people, regardless if they've been playing RO forever or just came from another game, actually like this feature.

Don't like them?

Don't use them.

Very simple.

You make a good argument about why you think these small mods are a good idea, and I think I agree with you on those particular points...however I stand by my assertion that these lil mods were added to help entice players who like COD style unlocks to show off to their friends...I also double-down on my assertion that Ro2 was rushed out the door regardless of bugs for the reason of getting on the shelves before MW3 and BF3...I'm not saying Ro1 Vets pay those games (I'm a ro1 vet and I don't play those games), but I AM saying that Tripwire wanted to entice MW3 and BF3 players to try Ro2 by implementing a similar stats/unlock system...

Upvote 0
There's almost no explanation for anything in game. The squad system, the unlocks, hell the team leader is supposed to be able to direct the squads but I've seen very little indication in game of what the commander wants me to do when he tries to command his fireteams.

Orders work fine. You need to bind a key to the orders widget, and then select the orders from the radial menu or specify a move too point with the binocs. That sends a text message to your squad members telling them what to do and also marks the objective on the tactical view.

Now whether or not your squad actually FOLLOWS those orders is another matter entirely heh.

Upvote 0
the winter trigger guard allows you to wear gloves and comfortably operate the trigger.

If you dont have that equiped 10min into the match you will get frostbite on your figures and youll have them amputated.

seriously i dont know whats for lol.

I can just imagine TWI during their creative meatings.

Dev1: Come on guys we really need to think of some more unlocks
Dev2: Its hard, we have to keep it kind of believable.
Dev1: what else could they have possibly attached to their guns in ww2 aside from a bayonet and maybe a scope?
Dev2: hmm...
Dev1: hmmmmm....
Dev2: How about a winter trigger guard?
Dev1: what does that do?
Dev2: Nothing!
Dev3: Guys i dont think this is right. Maybe we should just abandon this unlock sytem; its obvious we're including it just for its own sake and because everyone else is doing it. We need to keep RO2 unique, we dont need to copy from other games
Dev1:...
Dev2:...
Dev1: Get the f*** out of my office and turn over your desk. The unlock system is AMAZING! They'll LOVE it!
Ahahahahaha thanks for this, you made my night. But seriously...

Upvote 0
Too bad the winter triggerguard never even saw action in WW2 on the K98. :rolleyes:

Yup, correct. The Czech's refitted many K98's post war with winter trigger guards so that gloved hands could fit inside the trigger guard.
These were not used by the Germans during the war and there are no examples of pre-1945 German K98's with a winter trigger guard.

Went through this trying to research one of my own. Here's a link with some good info.

[url]http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32894[/URL]

Reactions: mokov
Upvote 0
Too bad the winter triggerguard never even saw action in WW2 on the K98. :rolleyes:
These were not used by the Germans during the war and there are no examples of pre-1945 German K98's with a winter trigger guard.

Went through this trying to research one of my own. Here's a link with some good info.

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32894[url]http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=32894[/URL]

Tread lightly guys, you don't want the devs coming in calling you all rivet counters now do ya? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0