• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Winners Announced in Rising Storm $25,000 "Banzai" Community Mapping Contest!

This, nowhere in Troop's posts did he suggest that TWI has no respect for the community mappers.

You appear to be trying to deflect what I said by throwing out a red herring. I suppose next you are going to tell me TWI doesnt advise the mappers to make the changes or they wont get the money.

Re-read my post moe..I said the tone of his post..;)
Anyway its time to allow the thread to get back on topic:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whether the final map changes were infact made by TWI or placed on the shoulders of the map makers as "suggested changes" in fact doesn't matter.

What matters is that Coldsteel/Bridges/Winterwald were far more challenging and interesting maps before the official TWI release.

nuff' said..
What really matters is that these creations were incorporated into the game and that the authors were rewarded for their commitment, talent and imagination and as I said previously you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
Time to get this thread back on topic..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What really matters is that these creations were incorporated into the game and that the authors were rewarded for their commitment, talent and imagination and as I said previously you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.
Time to get this thread back on topic..

This actually kind of is on topic Butch.

By posting this, we the players (and no we are not .00001%) are trying to say keep these things in mind when optimizing and tweaking the maps for possible release in a future update. There are more players out there besides those who were involved in the judging who have opinions on the maps and how they play.

Upvote 0
think what many of us are trying to say is what my old man always said "Is if it aint broke don't fix it" a classic example of this was bridges it had been played for ages before becoming official - it worked just as was

Then someone for what ever reason decide to bugger about with spawns and cap zones next thing every knew it was a mess and played entirely different

There's altering for a reason, and tinkering for no real reason - maybe we should learn form past mistakes and not do em over and over

think that's what most are saying

Upvote 0
This actually kind of is on topic Butch.

By posting this, we the players (and no we are not .00001%) are trying to say keep these things in mind when optimizing and tweaking the maps for possible release in a future update. There are more players out there besides those who were involved in the judging who have opinions on the maps and how they play.

Moe its a discussion for another thread which you are totally at liberty to start if you wish.

But this thread is primarily for informing the community of the winners not the merits of who gets to say what changes (if any) are made to these maps.

Upvote 0
It's great that we have the chance to get a few more 'official' maps to play, and I thank all the content creators from the community for all the time and effort you have spent to keep us occupied for so long.

I just have one question, that may or may not win me some new friends lol, I know creativity wasnt the only deciding criteria, but how come second place goes to a map that is essentially a remake of a rather popular DH map, Stavelot? Perhaps I am missing some information that would help me to understand this, and if so, I apologize!

Upvote 0
It's great that we have the chance to get a few more 'official' maps to play, and I thank all the content creators from the community for all the time and effort you have spent to keep us occupied for so long.

I just have one question, that may or may not win me some new friends lol, I know creativity wasnt the only deciding criteria, but how come second place goes to a map that is essentially a remake of a rather popular DH map, Stavelot? Perhaps I am missing some information that would help me to understand this, and if so, I apologize!
Pretty sure Stavelot from DH is based off an RO:O map isn't it? Perhaps I'm thinking of another. Regardless, I don't see what's wrong with that; it's a nice map.

Upvote 0
kinda irrelevant but why doesn't TWI set their "come play with the devs" server to classic mode or atleast some mix of un-realism and classic ? nothing plays good on "stock" realism, peripheral indicators + shift zoom + minimal amount of weapon sway ruin the whole experience !

Don't care much about ping, be it 150ms or even 200ms as long as client side lag comp is enabled i have no trouble playing with other people, how are we supposed to help TWI "test" these custom maps if most of the core fans prefer playing on classic mode / Immersion Overhaul Mutator + classic settings ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0