• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Windows

lyosha

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 13, 2008
Kent, United Kingdom
Too many times i see would be "Anatoly Chekhov's" standing right at a window plinking away only to be swiftly cut down in a arc of righteous Machine gun fire. Stop doing this whoever is doing it, stand back from a window, ideally against a dark wall so you are NOT silhouetted in the window. If you are ever shooting through a gap in any cover, don't stand right in the gap.

Offtopic rant: Why does it seem the MG34 can cut easily through several stone and plaster walls when my Mosin Nagant has trouble with one concrete wall. Both fire similar sized rounds so there is no logical reason for this to be the case. I say this because i was in the town hall on Spartanovka and noticed the walls around me bursting from MG fire even though i was at the back of the building.

Offtopic rant: Why does it seem the MG34 can cut easily through several stone and plaster walls when my Mosin Nagant has trouble with one concrete wall. Both fire similar sized rounds so there is no logical reason for this to be the case. I say this because i was in the town hall on Spartanovka and noticed the walls around me bursting from MG fire even though i was at the back of the building.
I have noticed this plenty of times. I have made peace with the fact that the gods of bullet penetration don't favor me. :(

Upvote 0
Too many times i see would be "Anatoly Chekhov's" standing right at a window plinking away only to be swiftly cut down in a arc of righteous Machine gun fire. Stop doing this whoever is doing it, stand back from a window, ideally against a dark wall so you are NOT silhouetted in the window. If you are ever shooting through a gap in any cover, don't stand right in the gap.

I see this alot too. I usually say (after warning them) " Smile and wait for the flash." :)

I also use it to my advantage , especially if I'm discovered , I sit back and let them get hit (after warning them). Now the opfor thinks the threat is gone and now I have the advantage.;)

Upvote 0
Perhaps TWI models the bullets loosing energy when going through a brick wall. With a rifle, that would make what would usually be a one shot kill, less likely to kill. With an MG, there's another 2 or 3 bullets behind that first one to finish the job.

For that to be the case the round behind must follow exactly the same path as the one before, something that is nigh on impossible with recoil.

Upvote 0