Windows 8 Pro / KF - General Protection Fault

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Vapid

Mar 26, 2012
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2354 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (697)

General protection fault!

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Thoughts? :IS2:

Kaly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 24, 2012
UK
Many people stick to 7 I haven't bothered with 8 because of the whole metro layout and alot for other features which kinda put me off it.

Anyway what exactly are you trying to do in kf? Does it crash on boot? If so it might be a compatibility issue.

Vapid

Mar 26, 2012
It worked fine the other day after I first re-installed the game, then yesterday I started the game, the splash screen came up, the game went into full-screen mode as normal, but then the screen went from black to white, CTD'd and a pop-up appeared with that message on.

torhu

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
Did it crash only once? No big deal in that case. Otherwise, did you remember to install your graphics drivers after installing Windows 8?

Vapid

Mar 26, 2012
It does it every time now. My other Steam games work fine, and I did try verifying my Steam cache.

Kaly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 24, 2012
UK
It does it every time now. My other Steam games work fine, and I did try verifying my Steam cache.

Honestly doubt its your specs so it cannot be a hardware issue. You tried running kf.exe in compatability mode?

Vapid

Mar 26, 2012
It just loaded up fine now. Very odd. I'll see if it does it again later. Hmm.