• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Win 10 and RO2

My experience has been the opposite.

I did a clean install of Win10 Pro. First I ran an upgrade, then wiped the drive and did a clean install. Downloaded latest drivers straight from Nvidia.

I've played two maps thus far, first Station.

Everything worked smoothly. The game actually felt better and more responsive than it did in Windows 8.1.

Every time I tried to Alt-Tab, or to quit the game though, my screens would go black (no signal). Computer would still be running (pingable, I can hear TeamSpeak in the background) just can't see anything.

Then the server switched over to Demyansk.

Within a minute in map, RO2 stopped responding. Crashed to Desktop. (Surprisingly screens viewable this time) Restarted game, crashed within 30 seconds.

At this point I have no idea what to blame though. Game, hardware drivers or OS. The game ran perfectly before installing Windows 10.

System Specifications:
Windows 10 Pro
Asus P9x79 WS
Core i7-3930K
64GB DDR3-1866 RAM
2x Geforce GTX 980ti in SLI
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
Main screen (used for game) 4k (3840x2160) Samsung JS9000 TV
Two side monitors (Dell 2007FP) not used for game.

Wanted to post dump files, they were there, but they were 0kb in size, so nothing got recorded in them.

This is really the only game I play, so I am considering a temporary rollback until issues get resolved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0