• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Willy Pete and the NVA - Media Update

The grenades used in Vietnam were reported with lethal strikes to up to 30 meters away from the detonation point.
Oooh :v

Although something occurs to me after watching this many times. I don't want to nitpick because this really does look good, but it seems like the smoke could be thicker or last longer, since these were for putting up a smoke screen right?
I'd be fine if it stays the way it is, but it was something that came to mind. I especially love how the lil' bits leave smoke trails through the air, that's what makes it look like WP to me.

Upvote 0
Welp that's true, but you probably have to keep in mind the entire scene was likely staged just for demonstration purposes. :p
Also, from a gameplay perspective, 30m on smaller maps would be really OP, even if it was done with a random hit chance that drops off with range, and that would probably be rather hardware intensive if it had to calculate each random flying 'fragment' or whatever of WP, which is how it ought to be done imo, if you want to go all out on the realism aspect. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0