• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you use hero weapons?

Will you use hero weapons?

• As much as I can

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • Rarely

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Once just to try out

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Never

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
If you become a hero in this game, will you make use of hero weapons? Will you use them as much as possible, or rarely?

I think I'd use them sometimes, but too often, I appreciate the variety but I like standard guns the best.

Last edited:
I'm sure I will try them out, but I will probably rarely use them. As it is now, I either choose a bolt or an mg. Even when I am first in a server, I almost never choose an smg, semi, scoped rifle, or an assualt rifle. I probably average less than 2 hours combined a year with those weapons.

But then again, who knows until I actually try the new ones.

Upvote 0
I'm sure I will try them out, but I will probably rarely use them. As it is now, I either choose a bolt or an mg. Even when I am first in a server, I almost never choose an smg, semi, scoped rifle, or an assualt rifle. I probably average less than 2 hours combined a year with those weapons.

But then again, who knows until I actually try the new ones.

me too, bolt or MG for me and the odd go at other weapons. I like bolts because you have to aim and derive a certain satisfaction from a kill that u just dont get from an smg and the MG for that pure dominate the battlefield feeling.:)

Upvote 0
I like the stg in Ost cause you almost never run into any situation with it where you feel "if I only had that weapon now". But the bolts are more fun to use.

But I enjoy going crazy with the bar in darkest hour from time to time, so I imagine I will do the same with the AVT in RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will play with all weapons at first, but eventually I like the feeling of; a long range kill, on a fast moving opponent, at far range, with a bolt. Only if semi-auto is for heroes I will choose those in cqb maps because they rock there.

Can anyone explain the :IS2: hype on this forum?
Long history behind that probably... (joined in 2009 but today I got back on this forum:p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just to nitpick, 3 of your options are rarely and never and 1 is "as much as possible"

Judging by your own answer Nicholas, you've left off sometimes/a moderate amount.

Which is probably what I would have chosen. I guess I'll just have to see how well I do with them. I usually go through the guns and find the one that fits my style best.

Reactions: Nimsky and Fedorov
Upvote 0
Just to nitpick, 3 of your options are rarely and never and 1 is "as much as possible"

Judging by your own answer Nicholas, you've left off sometimes/a moderate amount.

Which is probably what I would have chosen. I guess I'll just have to see how well I do with them. I usually go through the guns and find the one that fits my style best.

I chose rarely, rarely means "sometimes".

Upvote 0