• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you use hero weapons?

Will you use hero weapons?

• As much as I can

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • Rarely

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Once just to try out

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Never

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
I chose rarely, rarely means "sometimes".

Rarely by definition is hardly ever, only in unusual circumstances, and infrequent

Sometimes by definition is now and then, on occasion, from time to time

See the difference?

Rarely would be like 25-15% of the time if not lower

Sometimes is about 50%

:)

Upvote 0
Depends on the weapon. I choose my weapon based on my own level of skill and comfort with the weapon being used. For example, on danzig as the germans I use the MP40 instead of the STG. Despite the fact that the STG is useful in a wider variety of scenarios AND has more stopping power, I always pick the MP40 because I'm more used to the 40's strengths, weaknesses, and overall handling

Upvote 0
Can anyone explain the :IS2: hype on this forum?
It is because of a thread where some guy argued, with poor grammar and little use of punctuation, that IS2 was the greatest tank of WW2. Although he is remembered as an idiot, read the thread and you will see that he actually argued for his claim without insulting anyone, but he was flamed and insulted for making such a claim by others who just made counterclaims with actually less argumentation, but better grammar and thus felt highly superior to him. I, for one, do not, however, think that "No the panther is better. You are an idiot." is much of an argument to be proud of, but that is how much of it went. About one or two sensible post were written in that thread, as far as I read (I did not bother to read more than a few pages).
I feel sorry for the guy.

Upvote 0
//slipping off topic here, but...

It is because of a thread where some guy argued, with poor grammar and little use of punctuation, that IS2 was the greatest tank of WW2. Although he is remembered as an idiot, read the thread and you will see that he actually argued for his claim without insulting anyone, but he was flamed and insulted for making such a claim by others who just made counterclaims with actually less argumentation, but better grammar and thus felt highly superior to him. I, for one, do not, however, think that "No the panther is better. You are an idiot." is much of an argument to be proud of, but that is how much of it went. About one or two sensible post were written in that thread, as far as I read (I did not bother to read more than a few pages).

Maybe you should read the thread again and this time read it trough...you might get the picture or then you might not...;)

Upvote 0
Rarely by definition is hardly ever, only in unusual circumstances, and infrequent

Sometimes by definition is now and then, on occasion, from time to time

See the difference?

Rarely would be like 25-15% of the time if not lower

Sometimes is about 50%

:)

Sorry I didn't mean to disrespect, I would have added another option but I thought 4 was enough.

so... wait a sec semi auto rifles are hero only? and only one hero per team? thats not many semi auto rifles.

Or is elite the one that uses it? im getting confused with hero and elite :confused::confused:

Theres several "elites", an elite riflemen, elite assault, and probably elite MG, they will probably get the rarer weapons, so that not everyone has an MG42/MKB/AVT/PPD.

Upvote 0

well see i joined a while ago but from what ive heard is its a joke gone wrong. :D may you learn the ways of the :IS2:

Thanks for the info. Got a general idea of what it was all about, but it's more fun if you know the history behind it;)

Also I just got to page three on the thread (too much facts and insults), but I respect the OP a lot. Even after the insults he just replies (although not in perfect english) with sound arguments. :IS2: to that?:rolleyes:

But on-topic and to clear up something;
- There are elites which you can reach in the ranking mechanic of the game.
- next to that, the highest two people of the map are the heroes (based on what, I do not know)
Right?

Upvote 0
I REALLY hope there will be some native solution to people trying to TK the hero for his weapon =).

I voted "As much as I can" btw, but I am not going to risk my life to pick the weapon up from the ground in dangerous situations. I just feel that playing as the Hero will be rare enough for me to always want to play him when I can =).

Oh God yes, please TWI make hero weapons unpickupable, please, for the love of :IS2:.

Upvote 0
I REALLY hope there will be some native solution to people trying to TK the hero for his weapon =).

I voted "As much as I can" btw, but I am not going to risk my life to pick the weapon up from the ground in dangerous situations. I just feel that playing as the Hero will be rare enough for me to always want to play him when I can =).

Yes, I hope that there is some kind of system that forbids you from picking up a weapon if that drop comes from a TK kill. (some message saying, "broken weapon" or something like that)

I'll use anything but the STG.

Well... if we go to guns that are not in the game... I'll use anything but the AR-15

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0