Will you use hero weapons?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Will you use hero weapons?

• As much as I can

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • Rarely

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Once just to try out

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Never

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
If you become a hero in this game, will you make use of hero weapons? Will you use them as much as possible, or rarely?

I think I'd use them sometimes, but too often, I appreciate the variety but I like standard guns the best.

Last edited:

Das Bose

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
My favourite weapon in RO was the STG so I think I will be using the MKb42 as much as I can. Hero weapon or normal weapon, it's a weapon :IS2:

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
I'm sure I will try them out, but I will probably rarely use them. As it is now, I either choose a bolt or an mg. Even when I am first in a server, I almost never choose an smg, semi, scoped rifle, or an assualt rifle. I probably average less than 2 hours combined a year with those weapons.

But then again, who knows until I actually try the new ones.

hekuball

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 13, 2006
I'm sure I will try them out, but I will probably rarely use them. As it is now, I either choose a bolt or an mg. Even when I am first in a server, I almost never choose an smg, semi, scoped rifle, or an assualt rifle. I probably average less than 2 hours combined a year with those weapons.

But then again, who knows until I actually try the new ones.

me too, bolt or MG for me and the odd go at other weapons. I like bolts because you have to aim and derive a certain satisfaction from a kill that u just dont get from an smg and the MG for that pure dominate the battlefield feeling.:)

Forssen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2010
Sweden
I like the stg in Ost cause you almost never run into any situation with it where you feel "if I only had that weapon now". But the bolts are more fun to use.

But I enjoy going crazy with the bar in darkest hour from time to time, so I imagine I will do the same with the AVT in RO2.

Last edited:

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
Answer: As much as I can... and I predict that as there can be only one hero in each team, "as much as I can" will not be as much as I'd like to.

Actin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
Netherlands
I will play with all weapons at first, but eventually I like the feeling of; a long range kill, on a fast moving opponent, at far range, with a bolt. Only if semi-auto is for heroes I will choose those in cqb maps because they rock there.

Can anyone explain the :IS2: hype on this forum?
Long history behind that probably... (joined in 2009 but today I got back on this forum:p)

Last edited:

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
I'll use whatever weapon I like most, for me that is generally a bolt. So Ill probably rarely use the heroes weaponry

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
What are hero weapons in this game?

I think just the MKB and AVT, maybe the MG42 but I think that should be less rare, maybe the PPS42 and 25 round G41, but they haven't said anything about those, oh and maybe the PPD, I actually saw a picture of one in Stalingrad.

DiedTrying

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
Just to nitpick, 3 of your options are rarely and never and 1 is "as much as possible"

Judging by your own answer Nicholas, you've left off sometimes/a moderate amount.

Which is probably what I would have chosen. I guess I'll just have to see how well I do with them. I usually go through the guns and find the one that fits my style best.

Reactions: Nimsky and Fedorov

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
Just to nitpick, 3 of your options are rarely and never and 1 is "as much as possible"

Judging by your own answer Nicholas, you've left off sometimes/a moderate amount.

Which is probably what I would have chosen. I guess I'll just have to see how well I do with them. I usually go through the guns and find the one that fits my style best.

I chose rarely, rarely means "sometimes".