• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you guys buy RO:HOS if there are no tanks?

Will you guys buy RO:HOS if there are no tanks?

• Yes

Votes: 133 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • If tanks are added in later

Votes: 15 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
it cant be that hard to include tanks, see how easily I included them in this post.

ITAL_72_7040_IS-2.JPG
ITAL_7018_PANTHER_A.JPG

:rolleyes:

BTW you definitely won't be seeing any IS-2's or Panthers in RO:HoS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did anyone tried to turn the question around ??
So to feed my neverending curiosity for pointless discussions.

Would you buy RO HOS when it don't have infantry ?

Similarely to me buying KF muliple times and going to purchase the ball i would purchase RO if it only had tanks. Whether I would actually play it longer than a week I dunno. Tanking can be fun, but I would like some more simulation for driving at least like the ability to switch gears. (and with the amount of gears in a tank it would keep you busy :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would still buy it. I'm not a fan of tanks. The tank battles were the weakest part of the game IMO. There is NO fun factor for me at all in RO tanking. There is NOTHING you can do against a well-angled T-34, every shot will bounce off and changing position means exposing your side and certain death. A tank battle can last forever in RO, it looks more like a Pong match than anything else. I don't understand why some people love it so much.

Just give me a bolt-action rifle and I'll be happy.

That being said, I hope tanks will be in, and I'm sure they'll add them. Combined arms maps, if done right, can be a lot of fun. Leningrad is a good example. But the tanks should be there to SUPPORT the infantry, not the other way around.

A lot of infantry + a few tanks = good (Leningrad).

A lot of tanks + a few soldiers = bad (Arad).

Tanks can make the battles a lot more fun, but if Tripwire adds another huge tank-only map without improving tank combat I'll be disappointed. Keep the focus on intense infantry and combined-arms maps, please.

Upvote 0
Similarely to me buying KF muliple times and going to purchase the ball i would purchase RO if it only had tanks. Whether I would actually play it longer than a week I dunno. Tanking can be fun, but I would like some more simulation for driving at least like the ability to switch gears. (and with the amount of gears in a tank it would keep you busy :p)

Wilsonam previously stated they played around with gears in ROOST, but decided it was too clunky, and didn't add much to the game, so went with automatic gear shifting. Since that was their design decision (gear shifting already implemented), I would be surprised if it was implemented into ROHOS.

You never know, maybe gear switching might be in "hardcore mode" while not in "relaxed realism." I'd be happy with that.

Upvote 0
Ok, that fine, but are tripwire not just going for this same simple system this time as they did with the first game, ie. whoever sees first approach. Because they didn't announce any complicated system, but that would be real nice to see, but if what you said is true about the engine being limited then, it can't be done?
I'd rather have tanks that are the same system but better, than the first game rather than have no tanks at all, the advanced tank system would be great and probably would attract more than the average fps shooter people, it would attract people that play all those simulation tank games like tiger vs t-34 steel fury and steel beasts players too. I'm sure in 1 month we will find out.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think TWI's desire is to make the tank system the same as it was - because it was flawed in many ways.

They do have access to the engine source code so it's entirely possible, but it's no small undertaking if you take into consideration all the great work they've been doing with the infantry stuff. Like you said though, we'll find out soon enough.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.