• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you buy the disc version or the Steam version?

Will you buy the disc version or the Steam version?

• Disc

Votes: 52 26.1%
  • Download

Votes: 100 50.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Not getting the game at all

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Both - Added by popular request!

Votes: 26 13.1%

• Total voters
Most of the time, Steam is as cheap or cheaper here in the US, at least from what I have seen. Plus it is convenient.

Even if it is a few dollars more, you still have to spend the time and gas to go buy it, or order it online which may require you to pay shipping. Add to that, I will be able to download it from Steam as soon as its available and play it sooner.

Upvote 0
But the thing is that I get exactly the same product when I buy off steam ^^.

I don't know exactly how it works with "download the first minute after release", but last 2 times I've pre-ordered a physical copy of a game it has been in my mail box the morning of the release date. If I buy via steam, can I play directly after midnight?

And again about the automatical updates. I don't find it that much different from the game looking for update on launch compared to steam updating right away.

Steam friends and chat works for non-steam games too ^^. I have easy access to all steam games and sales, no matter if I buy stuff off steam or not.

--

We're getting off topic.

The question is, will TWI really get less if I buy from a local store cheaper and then donate to them the money I save?
I guess it comes down to what the exchange rate is for my local currency at the time, but let's imagine that buying on steam cost 20% more for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Steam. I like having all my games in a digital library even if you do pay a bit more in general for Steam vs Retail games (UK).

Most modern games that use steam are fully integrated, and as mentioned previously a boxed disc version will be locked into steam so there is no end difference between the two versions. I bought HL2 in a retail store years ago and that shows up in my 'digital library' wherever I happen to log into steam.

For me its purely the price - play or amazon typically offer a saving of around

Upvote 0