• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you buy the disc version or the Steam version?

Will you buy the disc version or the Steam version?

• Disc

Votes: 52 26.1%
  • Download

Votes: 100 50.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Not getting the game at all

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Both - Added by popular request!

Votes: 26 13.1%

• Total voters
Someone has voted :(

But you know that vote is just for:
faceg.gif

Upvote 0
I like to purchase a disk. I want a sealed retail box, instructions, and key code.
Same, and it's always nice to know that I always HAVE a physical copy and don't have to depend on a 3rd party service to access something I paid for.

Not that I don't like Steam, because I do. That said, I only buy games through Steam when they are at ridiculously low prices!

Upvote 0
Both.

If I could I would just buy the disk only, because I like a boxed version of the games I play the most (same reason to buy music albums).

The only reason I will 'buy' both is because I won ROHOS on the steam contest before christmas. Don't think that Valve will send me a disk:D
So will get the disk when... if it appears in Dutch retail stores.

Upvote 0
Download of course. There is little point in buying the box as you'll need Steam for both versions anyway. And after a while you'll stop caring you even have the box (remember, you can burn the game on DVD and print the cover yourself). The other reason is that I'll get to play RO2 right on the day of release. Heck, download might even be my only option. RO1 has never been in Dutch stores, unfortunately...

Unless they release a limited edition that I can pre-order through a Dutch webshop and still get to play on release day or at most a few days later, download is the way to go for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Download of course. There is little point in buying the box as you'll need Steam for both versions anyway. And after a while you'll stop caring you even have the box (remember, you can burn the game on DVD and print the cover yourself). The other reason is that I'll get to play RO2 right on the day of release. Heck, download might even be my only option. RO1 has never been in Dutch stores, unfortunately...

Unless they release a limited edition that I can pre-order through a Dutch webshop and still get to play on release day or at most a few days later, download is the way to go for me.

The point is that the boxed version uses to be cheaper, and there is the art inside, and the possible extras.

It'll all depend on those things.

Upvote 0
The point is that the boxed version uses to be cheaper, and there is the art inside, and the possible extras.

It'll all depend on those things.

But not to thouse of us who probably can't buy the boxed version, as it is unlikely to be sold in our contries ;)

But if there is a really cool Special-edition, with cool stuff that i'd want, i may look into importing one just to get the extras.
But i'm definately not waiting for an import just to get the game, even if it might be slightly cheaper, that could take a week! I can't wait that long to play HoS! :D

Upvote 0