• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you be getting the new weapons DLC? Poll

Will you be getting the new weapons DLC? Poll

• Total voters
I kind of see why Tripwire is doing that... companies are noticing the most desired content are not rarely the 'exclusive ' one, that only a handful can get, even more when it is paid. Not sure if they are doing that exactly for that reason, or trying to measure how much they still should invest in KF2 or what...but $10 for a weapon, when the entire game costs $20...no thanks.

Perhaps if they try it along with a big update like a new class, then IT MIGHT work.

Upvote 0
message edited for language
No.

$10 for a single weapon is insane. Even if they were to go on sale, I have standards and principles and I'm not going to give up as a consumer on them because TWI is bad at handling their finances.

I'll still play the game, but I'll "Cheat" them into my game (if I feel like using them, I'll give them to myself). If they make it so you're forced to pay to use them, I'll just stop playing, simple as that.

Asking $10 for anything that isn't cosmetic DLC, when there are still dozens of issues not solved since release, is absolutely ridiculous. There are still RNG microtransaction lootcrates, there are still teleporting Zeds and over-aggressive Zed spawns, there are still insane balance issues with certain perks, Survivalist still exists as a "Perk-in-progress", there are still balancing issues with cross-perk weapons like the Tommygun, there are still balance issues with the upgrade system, there are still weapons missing from KF1, there are still missing aspects of the game like the ability to actually see any of the purchasable cosmetics in-game if you don't own them, and as nice as the 3 weapon re-tools are from a mechanic and gameplay perspective, giving SWAT a light blue automatic nailgun isn't going to make me want to spend $10 for another Gunslinger weapon.

Mods are almost impossible explicitly because TWI made it so, too. If I wanted DLC weapons, I'd play KF1, where, at the very least, I can get 4 weapons for $7.50, instead of 1 for $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Wanted to address a few topics your raised:

• Bad at handling finances.
    • This is not the case. What is happening here is trying to fit the amount of support that we currently give KF 2 with the money needed to continue that support.
  • Cheat/Mod them into the game
    • That is perfectly fine and viable and we support it as long as they are not exploited into the live stats environment. If an exploit is discovered we will close it
  • Price of the DLC
    • There are several factors at play here including:
      • These DLC are intended to cover more than the cost of the DLC. All of the existing monetization in combination is intended to cover the cost of development
  • Mods are impossible, because Tripwire made it so
    • Quite the oposite, we go out of our way to make sure we ship a working SDK and modders can do almost anything we can do except base engine changes.

Upvote 0
Ok after trying them out, i called for a refund and decide later if i want to keep them.

Ion thruster is good, but it's damage range is bit awkward as it doesnt hit even if the blade should connect so idk where it hits tbh, and its charge thing could use a bit of a buff so it would charge up faster.
Its fun "lightsaber" just not that great with big zeds, scrakes sure but fp will be trouble to deal with.

Rhino is something i grown to dislike more, the more i played with it.
Reloading it takes quite the time, and for a gun that sits in between the 1911 and deagle in terms of dmg... It feels like it does much less than it should.
And the shrapnel thing? You better not fire the weapon near scrake or it will be raged.
Another downside is with its ammo price.... It takes much more time to build your arsenal if you buy the rhino on wave 2, and with it also putting yourself in quite a disadvantage for a good portion of the game before you get heavy dualies with spare dosh to buy ammo.

As much as the gun's gimmick sounds useful in chokepoints, i'll rather stick with the good ol' 1911.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Naw, not for me. However, having said that, if the next update contains excellent free content, which has essentially been paid for by the people paying for DLC weapons, then I'll consider it as a viable method to get decent content into the game and may consider it in future. As of right now, though, this update is a workshop map and some reprofiled weapons, which is not what I'd consider to be indicative of a commitment to development.

Upvote 0
It's 15AUD per weapon on the Australian store, y'know what else is 15AUD? ENTIRE fecken DLCs with maps, weapon, skins etc. Tripwires trying really hard to piss off their remaining KF2 playerbase. The weapons should of remained free, like they've always been. It just pure greed at this point and don't lie to our faces and say you don't make enough money, that's bs. Just make more characters if incomes that "bad".

Upvote 0
On a remote note: I'm fine with paying 1 USD for a rather standard/basic skin like urban digital pattern, I can accept paying 5USD for a texture that shows craftsmanship or just extra-bling. but I only had try to open KF2 weapon crates once or maybe twice before I lost all interest in opening more.

The problem I got with KF2 weapon skins is that...
  • THEY FEEL FLAT AND CHEAP -- None of them (if I have seen it all and not mistaken) comes with unique normal map to express the imperfection/roughness corresponding to the skin's material/texture, and as result- they all look like plastic wraps rather than real camo/paints.
  • THE WEARS ARE POORLY DONE -- The implementation of wears is unrefined as weapon skins in KF2 wear down in a plain way, making the skin look broken instead of aged/vintaged.
  • TOO RANDOM -- The outcome of each crate opening is inconsistent (in a bad way), which makes the value for opening crate too volatile and unrewarding; the same is true for CS:GO but marketplace is both bigger and hotter in that game, meaning crate opening in CS:GO is both more considerable and more affordable due to items can be traded more easily so the impact of getting a skin you don't want is less. There should at least be a no-duplicate mechanism like Dota 2.

When it comes to weapon DLCs... it's gameplay content, nuff said. The problem is weapons in KF2 have different purposes and functionality -- versus DLC weapons in Battlefield 4 are implemented to be a give-and-take of stats that will always resemble the same overall weapon performance of the given weapon type.

Tripwire said they will keep future DLC weapons be something similar to existing weapons; sounds reassuring, but if there won't be any real sense of NEW WEAPON but just modification or something similar of existing ones, doesn't that mean the game had already come to its deadend as far as weaponry diversity goes?

I mean, maybe we're not hitting the wall just yet, but it does seem like we're being told that the game is now entering an ally that won't lead to anywhere new in terms of weapons.

If future weapon DLCs will bring actual new weapons, then how do we know the game is balanced? If the "degree" of each of them being new is very limited where existing ones are totally comparable, then how are these DLCs justified (for being new and different hence actually mean/worth something) let alone at a price tag of 5-to-10USD each?

SO NO. I CAN'T GET BEHIND THIS.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
I voted no. I do not have the same respect for Tripwire that I once did, and while this resentment has been encroaching for a while now the dlc weapons are the tipping point. It would have been much better to drop support of the game and make something new than milk this once-loved game for more cash. It also goes against their old dlc policy, and I get that these things change, but they used it as a way to advertise the game and that's just dishonest.

I simply don't want to support this practice. As someone who has spend more money than they ought to have on the ZEDconomy, I'm done. The dlc weapons might be really successful and my boycott meaningless, but I refuse to take part in it nonetheless. Plus, I'm not really interested in new weapons at this point. There are plenty. That's just my personal opinion though of course.
I'd just like to say (I might of done this a little wrong since I put it in a calculator on my phone but) the total of all the dlc for PS4 is $1,249 before tax (fwi that's 80 things worth of stuff) so I don't think they need to make money like this because they are already making money off ALL THAT!

Upvote 0
I bought both. Used it as a oportunity to give some back for all the free content they throw at us.
Played the game since early access... And felt good to pay for something again :)

TWI dont force anybody to pay to be able to play. And if one of the 6 players on a particular server has bought the DLC then everyone gets them.

5ish dosh 3-4-5 times a year,. I would not see any issue with! But they dont do that either way :)

Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
No, I can't afford. I have very small income. I'll just enjoy game with free content.

Even though, devs changed it and decided to go with paid DLC idea, which didn't make me happy, I understand them & I'm still grateful, because they keep this game updated and didn't abandon it, like some other devs do. I'll continue supporting Tripwire by playing this game, just with free content.

Upvote 0
TWI said they started selling DLC weapons to fund future updates. We're now at the first of the future updates after the initial DLC offering and what we're given is a rehash of an existing map, a community map, two reskins and two more DLC weapons. I don't feel this is a justifiable amount of content post-funding. I'm not entirely sure if it's contemptible, laughable or both.

Upvote 0
Unless the future content begins next year? since this year is more dedicated on fixing bugs and doing quality of life changes... they even said that content wise it will be less than last year's (too bad they didnt mention its gonna be paid content, eh?)

Tbh even in QOL some stuff are not done... like for example the damn grenade in the chamber counter for underbarrel nades that hasn't been added for god knows what reason.

Upvote 0
The new weapons all seem to have potential when they pop up in previews, but each time I either watch gameplay or test them out I always find them to be underwhelming. I really do think they need to reconsider weapon packs [like in KF1]. This has been brought up in the past - ages ago - by me and others. With all the mixed feedback I am pretty curious if they are selling enough DLC to justify this model or if TWI will reconsider..

$10 for a single item you're not completely in love with isn't likely to result in much success, unless they are actually selling a ton of these behind the scenes and those people are just remaining silent on boards.

Upvote 0