• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you be getting the new weapons DLC? Poll

Will you be getting the new weapons DLC? Poll

• Total voters

Whitest Wolf

Aug 13, 2019
I was just wondering how many people here are going to get the awesome new weapon DLC. I am waiting for a new weapon for the Sharpshooter, because I feel it's the only class that lacks any variety in later waves and could use something new and fun. The new guns sure do look fun and I will likely buy the ones released for Sharpshooter.

Do they? Many games on Steam have a different policy for in-game items. If this isn't considered to be a regular dlc, they can list the items as "consumable" because they will actually give you certain weapons and skins for your inventory. In that case, you won't be able to refund them. What you can do is try the weapons out in matches where someone has bought them.

Upvote 0
I voted no. I do not have the same respect for Tripwire that I once did, and while this resentment has been encroaching for a while now the dlc weapons are the tipping point. It would have been much better to drop support of the game and make something new than milk this once-loved game for more cash. It also goes against their old dlc policy, and I get that these things change, but they used it as a way to advertise the game and that's just dishonest.

I simply don't want to support this practice. As someone who has spend more money than they ought to have on the ZEDconomy, I'm done. The dlc weapons might be really successful and my boycott meaningless, but I refuse to take part in it nonetheless. Plus, I'm not really interested in new weapons at this point. There are plenty. That's just my personal opinion though of course.

Reactions: Musicaholic800
Upvote 0
TWI are very good at listening to and implementing feedback and have already confirmed the current plan for $10/weapon is subject to change if it doesn't work out. Call me crazy, but I think within an update or two we're not going to see weapons being sold for $10. The price is going to drop or they're going to take a different approach. Almost everyone is against it and $10 is a bit high for a microtransaction. For $10 you'd generally expect to get something like a dlc with than one digital item- 1-2 maps, multiple loot boxes, a collection of items, armor, maybe a small story/side quest with dialogue. But for a single weapon(and 5 skins no one seems to be interested in) in a game already packed to the gills with firepower? I'll pass, that kind of money can afford a fair amount of groceries. And I think for most players the decision will be something similar- $10 has a decent amount of buying power, and when you compare 1 weapon in KF2 to the other things the money can do for you it doesn't stack up well.

Upvote 0
Amen to that brother. Everything's spot-on, except maybe for the "TWI are very good at listening" part...

I still believe that Tripwire, sadly, focuses on the wrong aspects of the game. Or don't go far enough when they plan to tweak something.

Take the last survivalist changes for example. Yes, that was a nice step forward...But that's clearly not what we had in mind.

Upvote 0
Wrong aspects or not, I do feel TWI has listened to my feedback very well. Just about any bug I report and most things I have suggested have been fixed/made it into the game. Sure, it may seem like they don't listen to some people but with vague suggestions like "Fix the bugs that have been in since 2015" or "You're focusing on the wrong aspects" what are they supposed to do?

The survivalist changes were never confirmed to replace the perk's rework AFAIK. I was under the impression that they're still working on it and if their statements on the current state of their micro-transaction income are correct they may not have the money to do that kind of rework immediately.

Upvote 0
Wrong aspects or not, I do feel TWI has listened to my feedback very well. Just about any bug I report and most things I have suggested have been fixed/made it into the game. Sure, it may seem like they don't listen to some people but with vague suggestions like "Fix the bugs that have been in since 2015" or "You're focusing on the wrong aspects" what are they supposed to do?

lel you're a newjack here, aren't you?

Upvote 0
Definitely never at the initial $10 each prices, but from the start those were surely just a mind game to make the later discounted prices look good in comparison.
I'd like to say never at all, since I'm disappointed in TWI for doing this, particularly after they were defending all the paid cosmetic microtransactions as being an alternative to ever having paid gameplay microtransactions, but depending on the weapon and price, I might be tempted.

Upvote 0