• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Will you be getting the new weapons DLC? Poll

Will you be getting the new weapons DLC? Poll

• Total voters

Whitest Wolf

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 13, 2019
I was just wondering how many people here are going to get the awesome new weapon DLC. I am waiting for a new weapon for the Sharpshooter, because I feel it's the only class that lacks any variety in later waves and could use something new and fun. The new guns sure do look fun and I will likely buy the ones released for Sharpshooter.

flashn00b

Feb 1, 2011
Very doubtful. Only way i can see myself buying their guns is if they receive deep discounts and they are for a perk i like.

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
I guess I will, but I'll probably wait a bit to try them out first.

And if I cannot (for some reason), then I'll wait for a price change.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
You can buy them, try out and then refund and wait for a discount.
Since the dlc weapons fall under the steam refund policy

Whitest Wolf

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 13, 2019
Do they? Many games on Steam have a different policy for in-game items. If this isn't considered to be a regular dlc, they can list the items as "consumable" because they will actually give you certain weapons and skins for your inventory. In that case, you won't be able to refund them. What you can do is try the weapons out in matches where someone has bought them.

anarchycreater

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2019
USA
I think it woulb be a little crazy to have to purchase more dlc i mean half the dlc doesnt go through but they take the money the game was much better when it was about the fun and content not the money

imnrk

Jul 9, 2015
I voted no. I do not have the same respect for Tripwire that I once did, and while this resentment has been encroaching for a while now the dlc weapons are the tipping point. It would have been much better to drop support of the game and make something new than milk this once-loved game for more cash. It also goes against their old dlc policy, and I get that these things change, but they used it as a way to advertise the game and that's just dishonest.

I simply don't want to support this practice. As someone who has spend more money than they ought to have on the ZEDconomy, I'm done. The dlc weapons might be really successful and my boycott meaningless, but I refuse to take part in it nonetheless. Plus, I'm not really interested in new weapons at this point. There are plenty. That's just my personal opinion though of course.

Reactions: Musicaholic800

Coffee009

Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
The weapon would have to be something fun for a perk I like, but 10 dosh is alot of money for me :(

pie1055

Jul 6, 2011
Bedlam
TWI are very good at listening to and implementing feedback and have already confirmed the current plan for $10/weapon is subject to change if it doesn't work out. Call me crazy, but I think within an update or two we're not going to see weapons being sold for $10. The price is going to drop or they're going to take a different approach. Almost everyone is against it and $10 is a bit high for a microtransaction. For $10 you'd generally expect to get something like a dlc with than one digital item- 1-2 maps, multiple loot boxes, a collection of items, armor, maybe a small story/side quest with dialogue. But for a single weapon(and 5 skins no one seems to be interested in) in a game already packed to the gills with firepower? I'll pass, that kind of money can afford a fair amount of groceries. And I think for most players the decision will be something similar- $10 has a decent amount of buying power, and when you compare 1 weapon in KF2 to the other things the money can do for you it doesn't stack up well.

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
Amen to that brother. Everything's spot-on, except maybe for the "TWI are very good at listening" part...

I still believe that Tripwire, sadly, focuses on the wrong aspects of the game. Or don't go far enough when they plan to tweak something.

Take the last survivalist changes for example. Yes, that was a nice step forward...But that's clearly not what we had in mind.

pie1055

Jul 6, 2011
Bedlam
Wrong aspects or not, I do feel TWI has listened to my feedback very well. Just about any bug I report and most things I have suggested have been fixed/made it into the game. Sure, it may seem like they don't listen to some people but with vague suggestions like "Fix the bugs that have been in since 2015" or "You're focusing on the wrong aspects" what are they supposed to do?

The survivalist changes were never confirmed to replace the perk's rework AFAIK. I was under the impression that they're still working on it and if their statements on the current state of their micro-transaction income are correct they may not have the money to do that kind of rework immediately.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
Wrong aspects or not, I do feel TWI has listened to my feedback very well. Just about any bug I report and most things I have suggested have been fixed/made it into the game. Sure, it may seem like they don't listen to some people but with vague suggestions like "Fix the bugs that have been in since 2015" or "You're focusing on the wrong aspects" what are they supposed to do?
lel you're a newjack here, aren't you?

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
I mean what is said is astonishing, only a new comer would dare say that. Also he reported two bug from what the search engine tells me.. The bug report forum is FULL of ignored bugs blablabla you know the story, it's a broken record at this point it is useless to continue to beat this dead horse.. WINK WINK ;)

Reactions: s5yn3t

Azukki

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Definitely never at the initial $10 each prices, but from the start those were surely just a mind game to make the later discounted prices look good in comparison.
I'd like to say never at all, since I'm disappointed in TWI for doing this, particularly after they were defending all the paid cosmetic microtransactions as being an alternative to ever having paid gameplay microtransactions, but depending on the weapon and price, I might be tempted.

Barot8

Feb 4, 2010
I think I will. I've already planned for it. Hopefully the weapons will release before the Halloween update but I'm betting they'll release at the same time.

DreaderVII

Nov 25, 2015
Sweden
I say no.

Primarily because the weapons are too expensive.

Secondly because there's no option to buy -only- the weapon. I am not interested in more untradeable/unsalvageable skins clogging up my inventory. Even if I'd like 1 of the skins, there'll still be 4 I don't like and want to get rid of.