• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will You Ban Griefers?

Garbonzo

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2006
West Coast
Theres talk about VAC starting to ban for grief....I don't know if its true or not but yeeaaahh

I would love this soooo much

You may say oh just votekick/voteban from the server or get an admin to do it.....no no no Then the child will just join another server and do it more

I am all for banning these screw ups from the WHOLE game...make them play alone with bots or go buy a new copy of RO2,New ISP,New ethernet card

Thats just me......Can't tell you how many kids get jealous of me in so many differnt games just to start to try to grief me....I normally just smoke a bowl and laugh it off

BUT in the game red orchestra with sooo sooo SOOOO many ways to grief you can't really do that so you have to end up joining differnt server.....

The other day I deciced to be sniper, since I really only use bayos now days*bored with newbies* But I was sniping everything getting so many kills stoping them from cap'in the bridge on Danzig. So some child beggs for me to stop over and over agian and let the allies get across. I ignored him untill he started to bash the gun out of my hands every time....... :mad: Made me join allies and start stabbing all the germans out of anger!!!!!

QUESTION FOR DEVS: If you saw some guy being a D1ck would you ban him from the game completly all together if you had the chance or would you just kick him out that particular server?

I don't think being a dick is a reason to ban someone, maybe a kick. I don't think griefing is such a major problem, hacking and aimbots and stuff is but griefing, not really. There is a lot of dicks in a server who are not the griefers, I could name a particular server on Darkest Hour that has plenty of dicks that people hate, but I won't.

Upvote 0
VAC does not ban for griefers. Valve and we do take administrative action against them and have in the past.

Thank you for replying

That is what I had hoped

just got out of arad server and some guy was in allied spawn shooting every tank at least once in the rear with anti tank rifle just to make them smoke

And I only heard a rumor of VAC banning them.....No credible information other than heresay

Upvote 0
Griefing is usually managed by having a well admin'ed, mature server community that won't put up with it. There will always be griefers, don't give them attention and hope the admins are on. I'm not sure I agree with a global ban for griefing, as they sometimes change their behaviour when they are banned or apologize and are let back on a server.

I have to say 4 years ago, the griefers and idiots were a half dozen a night, we banned several a night for months in a row. Over the first year or so, there were far fewer as the goofs got banned from the major servers and the rest lost interest in the game and went on to some other arcadey game.

Of course, free weekends and 5 dollar weekends were always a gong show! LOL

Upvote 0
VAC cant really deal with what your describing here

How would it distingish between two freinds joking and some real prat

This where good admin tools and a good admins come into there own, choosing what constitutes a real problem and whats not, software alone cant, it deals with black and white only so munber of TK's it cant work out which were deliberate and which were accidental.

I think admins are the answer to this one

Upvote 0
VAC cant really deal with what your describing here

How would it distingish between two freinds joking and some real prat

This where good admin tools and a good admins come into there own, choosing what constitutes a real problem and whats not, software alone cant, it deals with black and white only so munber of TK's it cant work out which were deliberate and which were accidental.

I think admins are the answer to this one

Vac as a system would never decide on that but rather than that TWI could suspend steam accounts for inappropriate usage of the game. (Better read that eula :p)

Upvote 0
What?
You don't honestly think this do you?

Well when your owning the other team and stoping them from any progress forcing some butthole to swap teams just to personally screw you over*Was in a tank destroying the other team and some guy swapped teams just to keep blowing me up or getting in the tank and shooting the mg non stop like HEY IM OVER HERE SHOOT US!!*

Yes I do

Or in other games such as minecraft,build epic stuff just to have some kid join and be sad he can't do it too and try to destroy my work

Or in l4d........you own the other team just to make some guy after map changes swap to your team just to start shooting you

Reactions: Stormer
Upvote 0