• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will this game attempt to be realistic or try to emulate RO2?

I can 100% guarantee that we will not have more Mkb42's than riflemen in Rising Storm. ;)
Just equal amounts then eh?

I mean, there's no need to get all defensive about what the OP said. It's a little discerning that all the devs including now the mod community are being so willfully ignorant or even angry of the blatant (lack of) realism and attention to detail issues surrounding RO2. I'm not quite sure to make of it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11_HARLEY_11
Upvote 0
You guys think that RS will support correct Multimonitor/Multi graphics card support when released???

I'd like to hope that the base game engine issues could/would be sorted out by then maybe???
As a multimonitor and multi graphics card user myself, I sincerely hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Coming from RO1 to RO2. We all know what OP is talking about. Don't turn the cheek, tell us you're going full realism, and not firefight (cod player bait) game play.

You know, you could just like not play firefight, right?
I don't know what the OP is talking about, the gameplay in HoS feels almost like in Ostfront. There are differences of course but those are pretty minor in my opinion.

Upvote 0
You know, you could just like not play firefight, right?
I don't know what the OP is talking about, the gameplay in HoS feels almost like in Ostfront. There are differences of course but those are pretty minor in my opinion.

I don't see any difference either when talking about vanilla maps. Same run and gun as RO1 is in 50 player servers.

But a lot more rifles than autos please RS!

Upvote 0
At this point RO2's realism aspect is kind of a joke. I wonder how the devs feel about changing some of RO2s mechanics or getting rid of some of them altogether.

Totally agreed, if the game supposed to be an RO2 with news Skins = no buying for me.

Some things in RO2 just don't look right, and I would hate to see that in RS as well.

Upvote 0
what is braking realism?

-The weapon loadouts, there are always twice as many semis and autos then riflemen. I'd like to see realistic loadouts and have the maps take care of balancing so each side still has a good chance to win.
-The weapon sway and ADS speed. Even when shot sights are still aligned perfectly, same with after sprinting and when suppressed.
-Player damage model. Currently bandaging is pretty much a full restore. As long as you have bandages you can be shot in the arms or legs multiple times with no consequence.
-Bandaging speed. It's currently just under 3 seconds, even with multiple bullet wounds in different areas.
-The recon plane. Enemies can be spotted who are inside buildings. Enemies positions show up on every soldiers HUD a few seconds after being spotted as if each soldier has AR goggles.
-Weapon accuracy. With only a little practice it's possible to reliably hit targets at 150m with the mp40 and slightly less with pistols.
-Tank damage model. Penetrating shots in the crew compartment must actually hit a crew member dead on or weakpoint to do anything. The case in reality is a penetrating shot in the crew compartment is a hail of ricocheting shrapnel that should be much more lethal.

These are the things that really kill the immersion for me. If changed I honestly don't think people would hate the game for being too unforgiving. I still do enjoy RO2 btw, I just don't like a lot of the design decisions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-The weapon loadouts, there are always twice as many semis and autos then riflemen. I'd like to see realistic loadouts and have the maps take care of balancing so each side still has a good chance to win.
-The weapon sway and ADS speed. Even when shot sights are still aligned perfectly, same with after sprinting and when suppressed.
-Player damage model. Currently bandaging is pretty much a full restore. As long as you have bandages you can be shot in the arms or legs multiple times with no consequence.
-Bandaging speed. It's currently just under 3 seconds, even with multiple bullet wounds in different areas.
-The recon plane. Enemies can be spotted who are inside buildings. Enemies positions show up on every soldiers HUD a few seconds after being spotted as if each soldier has AR goggles.
-Weapon accuracy. With only a little practice it's possible to reliably hit targets at 150m with the mp40 and slightly less with pistols.
-Tank damage model. Penetrating shots in the crew compartment must actually hit a crew member dead on or weakpoint to do anything. The case in reality is a penetrating shot in the crew compartment is a hail of ricocheting shrapnel that should be much more lethal.

These are the things that really kill the immersion for me. If changed I honestly don't think people would hate the game for being too unforgiving. I still do enjoy RO2 btw, I just don't like a lot of the design decisions.

I have to agree with all your statement apart from accuracy and shrapnel in tanks ( I mean, is realistic but as you want.....with just 1 hit...game over:D)....but i think that these things can't make RO2 realism "a joke"

however I hope that all the other stuffs you suggested will be changed futurely ;)

Upvote 0
I have to agree with all your statement apart from accuracy and shrapnel in tanks ( I mean, is realistic but as you want.....with just 1 hit...game over:D)....but i think that these things can't make RO2 realism "a joke"

however I hope that all the other stuffs you suggested will be changed futurely ;)

I don't mean it should be 1 hit kill, but still everything should not be fine and dandy inside the tank when it happens. It would be cool if like suppression for infantry tank crew maybe could not get killed but perhaps knocked off sights or out of position and had some smoke fill the tank.

I was a maybe too harsh to call realism a joke in RO2, but it's still obvious that the TW doesn't care for it much anymore.

Upvote 0

Agreed. I want a more thoughtful game that requires teamwork and communication. The above list would help with that, no matter how you define "realism". The # of semis and SMG's make me feel like I'm in a modern shooter. Way to much sprinting through buildings in full spray and pray mode.

Reactions: cucamonster
Upvote 0

Huh? Hardly any recoil, semis feel like rapid fire bolts, SMGs somewhere in between, zoom makes shots way easier, instantly remove sway with controlled breathing, hardly any sway or momentum when in IS, magic bandages, far too many smg/semi to bolt ratio, suppression unrealistically moves aim around, don't have to stop to go to iron sights (just press rmb for instant IS while sprinting), no effect from sprinting, sprint forever, no wound effects, sights come up faster, can strafe faster when ADS.

Look at these 2 polls, http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66241 http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=66273&page=2

96% want reduced smg/semi's limits in realism mode. Half the people polled disappointed with RO2

I think you have played too much RO2 and not enough Ostfront, to the point where you don't notice the differences. Coming to RO2 was jarring and patently easier and more forgiving than Ost.

Looks like you guys are more interested in pleasing TWI and their new focus than making a decent RO game. Might sound overly negative but it kind sucks to hear you guys suggesting RO2 feels like Ostfront.

Good luck with the mod anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0