• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there ever be any new updates?

I've heard that this this game is kinda "no longer supported" though i don't understand what does it mean. Half Life was released in 1997 but Valve still releases fixes for the game. So, what kind of problem Tripwire has?

We don't have nearly as much resources as Valve does to invest in some of our older titles. At some point we need to move on so we can keep making more games.

Upvote 0
Mate, it's perfectly normal to call it quit at some point. You can't just provide updates forever... Otherwise we wouldn't ever get new games.

Yes, there's still communities on Doom 2, Unreal Tournament, Age of Empires 2, Starcraft Brood War... Yet we didn't see **** for YEARS. And it's perfectly normal. Once the story has been wrapped up, once we've done everything we wanted on a game... we just need to move on. If not for economic reasons, at least on a purely artistic way.

And...Well duh? Yes they are suggesting you to move to KF2 because that's where everything happens now? I mean, that's what sequels are for. To improve on a formula, to go beyond. Nobody is forcing you to do so, but you have to understand that not only Tripwire but people in general have moved on to other things. That's how you progress.

Tinker with mods if you want some extra fun. But you can't scold Tripwire for not caring about an 11 years old game.

Upvote 0
I don't even know what you're talking about. I never had any trouble about crash, lag and teamkill in neither games. You're speaking nonsense man.

Valve development team is pretty small? They were EIGHTY people to develop Half-Life : Alyx. That's not a small team. Surely not among the biggest AAAs, but nowhere near a small one. Not comparable to an indie studio. Not to mention that you do realize that Steam is owned and managed by Valve right? That's a big machine they have to handle and it's surely no easy task. Using Valve as a comparison is piss-poor.

And easy or not, I have to say two things. First : you have no idea how easy it is to do or not. Except if you're a developer yourself.

Secondly, my point still stand : even if it took Tripwire an afternoon to bring bug fixes into the game, that's still an afternoon spent for an eleven years old game. That's half a day of salary for something that will benefit very little. You may think it amounts to nothing, but to any business : wasting money is NOT an option. It's not something they are willing to do most of the time. And it's not just out of greed or lazyness. It's just not a very business-friendly move.

And you rarely "simply port" fanmade content. It's a lot more complicated than that. Not only do you have to test it thoroughly, but you have to make it so it applies as intended...to EVERYONE. Yes, it can take a little while.

Upvote 0