• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there be TF2 hats for preordering?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

mamma mia mamma mia...

Upvote 0
mamma mia mamma mia...
I see what you did there! :D

Cross promotion can only help here. It would bring in many sales and that's what TW need. Don't forget that there's already a relaxed realism mode designed specifically to pull in the CoD/BF/TF2 crowd who otherwise might not touch the game (wtf!!1 no croshare thiiis is siht) so why not actively advertise to them? It's not as if adding hats to another game (already buckling under the weight other assorted headgear) is going to magically change the game mechanics of HoS.

Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
I know you're half kidding Smokey but tbh it would be a bit cool to have *very mild* customizable uniforms. I'm talking different uniforms that were ACTUALLY used in quantity at Stalingrad. So you could have the standard German gray, snow camo, etc. Throw in the option to have a helmet or softcover like this for example:

http://www.surcompany.com/listing5-headgear/ssm43/ssgry2bb.jpg

Could be pretty cool. Though it could get out of hand. If everyone was running around with officer hats that would seriously kill the immersion for me.

Upvote 0
I know you're half kidding Smokey but tbh it would be a bit cool to have *very mild* customizable uniforms. I'm talking different uniforms that were ACTUALLY used in quantity at Stalingrad. So you could have the standard German gray, snow camo, etc. Throw in the option to have a helmet or softcover like this for example:

only if its random, I dont want everyone trying to get the best cammo each map.

Upvote 0
Ah marketing, the same thing that caused the likes of Halo 3 to be plastered on every single consumer item in existence during its release. Some people might not mind such heavy-handed advertising, but for me, that level of exposure actually drives me away from a product. There is a such thing as trying too hard, you know.

A TF2 promo is fine for silly games like KF and some of the indie games it's helped with, but RO2 doesn't need it IMO, and I'd be really surprised if Tripwire even considered it in the first place. Valve already cooperates with developers by putting their games on Steam. As if that alone isn't a huge amount of advertisement for small devs.

Such heavy handedness has made Halo and COD house hold names, and while you and I might dislike these type of one trick pony games, sales and popularity speak for themselves.

I'd rather TWI make sales, cater a little more towards these players, while keeping the game great for players like you and me.

Upvote 0
There seems to be a sort of "hipster" attitude around RO2 marketing

"RO2 will only be cool of no one hears about it through marketing"

"Games that are marketed well? Well they draw a large audience and are too mainstream for my tastes"

Heck people listen to yourselves! Reality is TF2 is nothing but a marketing tool to valve!! Why do you think it's free now? Every random person on the Internet is gonna install steam to play Tf2 and spend time playin it to get hats

Then valve gets other games promo'd by offering free tf2 hats! And heck, it works

As far as I could tell Shogun 2, Homefront, and others were all mediocre games with mediocre demos and previews that sold an iS2 load pre-release for some reason. Why? TF2 hats and weapons!

Itl get ppl to play the game we're all gonna love
So please
Stop with this hipster "no no don't market RO2" shenanigans

Sorry if that makes it too mainstream for ya

Upvote 0
There seems to be a sort of "hipster" attitude around RO2 marketing

Thats a good way to put it.

Even if these buyers dont play it and only want the hat/item, its still a sale for Tripwire. And the money TWI makes will only benefit the players with future updates.

I cant be sure how hard it is to work out a promo deal with valve.
Dunno either, but Tripwire did it before with Killing Floor's Mr. Foster for the Pyro. So hopefully that was a good experience for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrLebanon
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Putting in the cross-game promotion will only help TWI, it will get more sales for the game and it could possibly bring in some new players that will really love the game.

Nobody suggested TWI put hats into RO2 (well the soldiers already have hats on...).

Remember, there was already an "open letter to the community" made by a staff member. Don't act like you are better than the new people coming in because you don't play TF2 and COD. If some of the new people are just completely stupid, they'll probably end up playing on for a couple of weeks anyways.

Reactions: breadtruck
Upvote 0