• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there be TF2 hats for preordering?

well, look at games that TWI made that actually began with acheivs included, aka Killing Floor; 1/3 of players haven't killed 100 zombies, which is pretty damn easy given the context. You see this with any game, no matter the marketing.

don't forget many people got it in the potato pack or when it was really cheap, I have not installed most of the games from it. ownership does not mean you care to play it at all.

Upvote 0
don't forget many people got it in the potato pack or when it was really cheap, I have not installed most of the games from it. ownership does not mean you care to play it at all.

which is also what some people do with Hats.

For some reason. Honest, why would someone go THAT far for hats?! But people do, and many of them :confused:

Upvote 0
You really have no concept of good marketing. Word of mouth is not how to sell a game. Bob telling Joe at the water cooler or Boris85 posting on another forum is not going to sell the tens of thousands of units the Tripwire need to make enough profit to make another game.
Minecraft says otherwise:p. But still, for this game I agree, word of mouth alone will not work.

Upvote 0
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

please....no, TF2 is the compleat oposite of RO. and tf2 sucks! honistly, i love realism, and i have heard people honistly say that TF2 is realistic becasue the bow has drop.........

Upvote 0
Apart from the failure from people to understand the obvious sarcasm of the OP - personally I'd say anything that gets more people to buy RO2 is good - unless we're talking about death's head hats here. Which I hope they're not, in any way, whatsoever, talking about adding to a game like TF2.

Even the german WW2 helmet carries some pretty negative associations for most people and shouldn't be in TF2.

Germans pointy helmets (ww1) and russian "bear" hats would be good as they look ridiculous anyway. Imagine the Medic with the Kaiser helmet :p

Upvote 0
Apart from the failure from people to understand the obvious sarcasm of the OP - personally I'd say anything that gets more people to buy RO2 is good - unless we're talking about death's head hats here. Which I hope they're not, in any way, whatsoever, talking about adding to a game like TF2.

Even the german WW2 helmet carries some pretty negative associations for most people and shouldn't be in TF2.

Germans pointy helmets (ww1) and russian "bear" hats would be good as they look ridiculous anyway. Imagine the Medic with the Kaiser helmet :p

Since the helmet is still in use today I don't see the problem with a fritz (apart from the steel instead of kevlar...)

Also as proud TF2 owner I welcome hats (not that I care, i just want to be known that I have taste, what better than RO2 hats:D).
However an IS2 as a level 4 sentry upgrade would be nice:IS2:

Upvote 0
teh US military uses "stahl helm" (or however you spell it) in todays army.

it took them a few years to let the image of US solders wearing nazi style hemlets be a little less "shocking".

its a great desing....GREAT protection, great vision, great hearing. it just looks nazi-ish.

and i cna understand people in germany not wanting to buy this game becaue of the stahl helm....but it is WW2...and this is a realistic game.

im thinking TWI should also put the swasticka in...but the old iron cross in the german version...cuz its ilegial over in germany....

but in ww2, the swasticka was used on teh sides of planes/tanks/etc mroe then the "iron cross" style thing.

----------
mabey i cna get some thumbs up for this informative post....na..i spelt swasticka wrong...and stahl helm.....THUMB DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TBH the hats only damage TF2. If the hats give TWI a bunch of extra sales it's worth it. They have no effect on RO or TWI whatsoever, except some extra profit.

TF2 on the other hand does suffer from the hat nonsense, and Valve pretty much ruined TF2 when they added item drops and crafting. I haven't played it ever since. TF2 is now essentially a marketing tool rather than the fun casual game it used to be. A great example of 'doing it wrong'.

Reactions: Nylle
Upvote 0
well....im not buying portol 2..at least on the PC.

COD black ops was a joke...and still is
BF2BC2 was a joke for like a month (damn EA and their lazyness)

wait till valve totaly butt rapes us with out even teh decenticy to use lube when they drop HL2 : ep3 as a console port.....

atleast TWI makes PC only...at least for now.

please TWI...resist the feeling to make ****y ports. hell, jsut make PC games and tell the xbox and ps3 to suck PC's huge :IS2:

ps... im takign all thumb downs as ups....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
valve always manage to stuff up great things. portal 2 being a console port is a nice example. (before anyone says its not look at the menus and settings )
A few "consolish" menus and limited settings don't necessarily mean its a console port. Just means they were lazy with some aspects;).

If people wanna buy RO2 to get hats for TF2 I don't really care, they get their jollies and I get mine.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0