• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

will there be higher perk levels?

More perk levels?Yes please.

More diffilcuties?HELL.NO.

Reasons.

Level 2 sharpshooter, with crossbow. It takes 3 headshots on solo normal to kill a fleshpounder.

I went into a normal game full of 6 people, west london, and i could not kill one in six or seven crossbow headshots - part of this I suspect is faulty headshot detection but eh - , and the kicker is that I turned level 3 sharpshooter 5 minutes before this :-\.

That's normal. With six people.
If you want harder difficulties, give us guns that do more then PLEASANTLY STROKE an enemy when you blast them full face please..

Seriously...even at Level 5 perks, the increase in enemy attributes (Damage, Speed, HP, Damage Resistance) make your Level 5 perks equal to LESS than Level 0 perks do on Normal. 50% more damage doesn't do much when enemies have 200% more HP and 25% damage resistance...

I completely feel you on the Sharpshooter problem Blackwing. I'm almost Level 5 and it's still near-impossible to take down Skrakes and Fleshpounds with a reasonable amount of Headshots even on Normal! 9 Crossbow headshots in 6-player game for a Fleshpound, 6-7 for a Skrake! That's nearly 25% of your ammo on ONE ENEMY! On Hard, where they take quite a bit more damage, that's simply not feasable. So everyone is forced to go with a better perk (Support) that inflicts MORE damage by spamming guns at close range, without the skill factor of landing headshots being required for damage...

And the Call of Duty perk system is horrible. There are a ton of perks, yes, but there are really only a few that people actually use. Similar to the situation we have with the Perks right now (There are quite a few...but Support and Medic are by far the most used!)

Higher level perks would make the upper difficulties possible. Either that, or give Level 5 perks the boost they need to make it worth the sickening grind!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still think that there should be no perk leveling. Make all classes useful and the game itself fun so no need to level anything up. I don't understand this trend of mixing rpg-stuff into everything.

Removing perk levels would also remove lots of other problems and pure skill would be more important. I like it how it was in the modification (however perks in the mod wasnt balanced).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ditto
tbh it didn't add much to the game other than some addicted perk whores that would even cheat to gather the perks.
Some score amount next to the playername that shows off how many specimen have been killed by that player, or how many rounds he did survive, how often he faced the patriarch etc would be much more interesting to see.

Upvote 0
While for me, the perk levels are ok, I wouldn't mind seeing them disappear, as they do lead to problems, like people basically trying to cheat to advance them.

Some people just have some sort of compulsion where they just can't have fun until various numbers are maxed out. For another example, take TF2 and its unlocks. With the drop system people couldn't stand just playing the game normally and getting stuff that way, so idle servers were created so that people could avoid having fun playing the game until they'd gotten all the items.

I have no problem just playing the game and getting level 5 perks eventually (I haven't yet), but some people seem to put having fun on hold until they've grinded up to max level, which is something I'll never understand. If you have an obsession with increasing numbers and unlocking things, just go play an MMO or something.

For decades, somehow people (myself included) managed to have fun before there were unlocks, achievements, levels (in most non-RPG games), etc.

Upvote 0
I'd rather see new perks.

Make it a pack, a new perk with weapons to go with it, throw in a map or two and perhaps a new playermodel or something like that.

This would add to the game, without the need for upping the difficulty, and still give players something new to strive for (Learning the new tactics for the new maps, ramping up the new perk and playing around with the new weapons learning to use them)
As for the cheating, well there will always be someone out there trying to exploit the system, but as i see it, it's just theirs way to have fun, and i'm not about to let that ruin my game. If they want to play on a server with custom maps made for "grinding" let them at it. I'd rather play at a server where people are playing the game, the way it's meant to be.

Upvote 0
they could make it an option to make servers for lvl 5 perkers and up that would utilize those things we've been talking about like new bosses, and harder monsters ect. just things to make it much harder in general for people who really want a challenge.

but i agree with the rest of the post, not bigger better perks. more classes pl0x (including engineer :D)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
they could make it an option to make servers for lvl 5 perkers and up that would utilize those things we've been talking about like new bosses, and harder monsters ect. just things to make it much harder in general for people who really want a challenge.

but i agree with the rest of the post, not bigger better perks. more classes pl0x (including engineer :D)

If you add too many classes, though, this just turns into a Team Fortress 2 knockoff with Zombies. You may say no, but look at it this way: What are a few of the more common class suggestions? Demoman. Heavy Weapons Guy. Engineer. No thank you folks, we don't need to copy the TF2 roster...

Not to mention that most of the classes already fit some sort of the TF2 archtypes: Firebug (Pyro), Commando (Scout), Medic (Medic), Sharpshooter (Sniper), and Support (Soldier)

Engineers in particular don't really fit...what would you do? Weld doors? Support already has that. So what does that leave? barricades and auto-guns? Doesn't really fit into Killing Floor...

Upvote 0
If you add too many classes, though, this just turns into a Team Fortress 2 knockoff with Zombies. You may say no, but look at it this way: What are a few of the more common class suggestions? Demoman. Heavy Weapons Guy. Engineer. No thank you folks, we don't need to copy the TF2 roster...

Not to mention that most of the classes already fit some sort of the TF2 archtypes: Firebug (Pyro), Commando (Scout), Medic (Medic), Sharpshooter (Sniper), and Support (Soldier)

Engineers in particular don't really fit...what would you do? Weld doors? Support already has that. So what does that leave? barricades and auto-guns? Doesn't really fit into Killing Floor...

you make a good point. adding more classes would make it tf2'ish. but i still think there should be at least 6.

Upvote 0
Seriously...even at Level 5 perks, the increase in enemy attributes (Damage, Speed, HP, Damage Resistance) make your Level 5 perks equal to LESS than Level 0 perks do on Normal. 50% more damage doesn't do much when enemies have 200% more HP and 25% damage resistance...

I completely feel you on the Sharpshooter problem Blackwing. I'm almost Level 5 and it's still near-impossible to take down Skrakes and Fleshpounds with a reasonable amount of Headshots even on Normal! 9 Crossbow headshots in 6-player game for a Fleshpound, 6-7 for a Skrake! That's nearly 25% of your ammo on ONE ENEMY! On Hard, where they take quite a bit more damage, that's simply not feasable. So everyone is forced to go with a better perk (Support) that inflicts MORE damage by spamming guns at close range, without the skill factor of landing headshots being required for damage...

Higher level perks would make the upper difficulties possible. Either that, or give Level 5 perks the boost they need to make it worth the sickening grind!

I generally team up with another level 4 sharpshooter and we seem to manage well enough playing hard servers. Often when the other 4 people are dead. I personally use the handcannon for most things (favourite gun) as it has more ammo and it's damn effective. Crossbow is for the long lines of enemies, scrakes and FPs. Also you know, you can still use grenades. FPs aren't so bad.

I know what someone said about the hitbox detection though... I can only think there are "sweet spots" on monsters inside of their head hitbox because on a few occasions I've shot a single bolt at a scrake and it dies (No one else having damaged it either) - That's on normal servers mind.

Upvote 0
I generally team up with another level 4 sharpshooter and we seem to manage well enough playing hard servers. Often when the other 4 people are dead. I personally use the handcannon for most things (favourite gun) as it has more ammo and it's damn effective. Crossbow is for the long lines of enemies, scrakes and FPs. Also you know, you can still use grenades. FPs aren't so bad.

I know what someone said about the hitbox detection though... I can only think there are "sweet spots" on monsters inside of their head hitbox because on a few occasions I've shot a single bolt at a scrake and it dies (No one else having damaged it either) - That's on normal servers mind.

It's gotta be a "Sweet Spot", but for the life of me, I can't seem to pinpoint EXACTLY where they are...

Upvote 0
...Engineers in particular don't really fit...what would you do? Weld doors? Support already has that. So what does that leave? barricades and auto-guns? Doesn't really fit into Killing Floor...

If support already has weld door, just simly take it from them. But you got a nice point: Auto-gun. I'd love this idea. Imagine the sentry divert FP so that the whole team can safely nuke them. Or, just make the sentry target only Crawlers is far good beyond my dream.

Upvote 0
lvl 5 is fine... Only annoying thing is that so many ppl lvls their perks in perkbuilder maps... Then they come pub servers and shows how awesome their lvl5 perk is. Seriously, wow.. Not very impressive. Perkbuilding kills it in my humble opinion.. And cuz of that i don't want to see anymore lvls on perks...

And i've seen ppl saying that they have lvl5 perks already from perkbuilding, then they say game is boring cuz no more leveling, i mean how stupid can u be? Why you lvl ur perks then in perkbuilder maps if u say game is boring right after u power leveled ur perks to maximum lvls?

SAD

Upvote 0
And i've seen ppl saying that they have lvl5 perks already from perkbuilding, then they say game is boring cuz no more leveling, i mean how stupid can u be? Why you lvl ur perks then in perkbuilder maps if u say game is boring right after u power leveled ur perks to maximum lvls?

While I agree, if people only find the game fun for increasing numbers, then this is the wrong game for them anyway. Why someone would spend time leveling up in a game if they don't find the gameplay fun is beyond me.

Upvote 0