• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

will there be anything done to combat griefers who cause friendly fire suppresion?

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
While suppression in itself is a good thing, one big flaw that I see is that you can have a friendly mp40/ppsh shoot in your direction to grief and cause suppression, without having anything happen to them besides an admin kick/ban if they're on

or am i just wrong, and is TWI implementing a point system for suppression as well, where you can get negatives for friendly fire suppression?

Reactions: echutter
While suppression in itself is a good thing, one big flaw that I see is that you can have a friendly mp40/ppsh shoot in your direction to grief and cause suppression, without having anything happen to them besides an admin kick/ban if they're on

or am i just wrong, and is TWI implementing a point system for suppression as well, where you can get negatives for friendly fire suppression?

I would hope that TWI impement a vote kick system the same as RO if no admin is around.;)

Upvote 0
obviously its not an issue in RO seeing as ostfront has no suppression.

what I'm talking about, is a friendly smg unloading a clip to the wall inches away from where you're set up, causing your screen to go all grey and shakey while having that heartbeat sensation
Not true -- RO1 DOES have suppression. Ever notice that when bullets barely miss you your screen blurs for a second, like your player is flinching? Even though it's subtle, I always thought it was fairly effective, save for the fact that it didn't make it any harder to aim back at my suppressor, which the new system looks like it will fix.

I always thought it was a big pain in RO1 when I'd find a good shooting position, then some dude opens up right behind me with an MG and my screen blurs out. Technically it IS realistic, though. MG bullets don't know what side they're on.

Upvote 0
Not true -- RO1 DOES have suppression. Ever notice that when bullets barely miss you your screen blurs for a second, like your player is flinching? Even though it's subtle, I always thought it was fairly effective, save for the fact that it didn't make it any harder to aim back at my suppressor, which the new system looks like it will fix.

I always thought it was a big pain in RO1 when I'd find a good shooting position, then some dude opens up right behind me with an MG and my screen blurs out. Technically it IS realistic, though. MG bullets don't know what side they're on.

haha I hated that too. Though, It was probably me there. I'm a complete dufus with the MG, and often forget to put a space between me and my friendlies.

MG = Huge pointer yelling "I'M OVER HERE" :D

Upvote 0
obviously its not an issue in RO seeing as ostfront has no suppression.

I must be playing a different game than you

what I'm talking about, is a friendly smg unloading a clip to the wall inches away from where you're set up, causing your screen to go all grey and shakey while having that heartbeat sensation

Here's a thought, run away! I've never seen this as a problem, ever. Never heard of anyone complain either. Sure I've seen it in spawn, but that's like 2 seconds of pointlessness. Even if you are "suppressed" you don't magically **** your pants and can't move.

Upvote 0
No one has mentioned yet that the RO1 suppression effects could also be turned off in the video settings.

Not fully you can turn off the motionblur and replace it with blackening of your screen. However it does not turn pitch black so change your gamma and you can see perfectly.

I hope that the suppression system for RO2 hos really affects players and is not just a visual effect. Because after a while you learn to ignore visual effects.

Reactions: teemu92
Upvote 0