Will Roost servers have stats??

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Redline_rik

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 24, 2006
Hi there,
Will any ROost servers be running that will collate stats for viewing after the fight, such as top rifleman, tank crew and such like?

Redline_rik

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 24, 2006
THanx,
Numbers to appease the Stat whores would be nice!
If it was a mod from Unreal Tournament I dare say somebody will mod it for ROost then.
Just a matter of time:)

Necro

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2006
i hope not. stats make people compete against each other and ignore the teamwork and play primarly to beat the enemy and your own teammates.

Cordite

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 7, 2006
UK
Necro said:
i hope not. stats make people compete against each other and ignore the teamwork and play primarly to beat the enemy and your own teammates.

exactly.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
i like the stats but mostly to see personal improvements, and it helps aswell with recruiting people. ^^.

Llama

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Cardiff, UK
I certainly enjoy watching my stats, and those of people I know. But i do find it interesting mostly when looking at accuracy and efficiency. I.e. my accuracy with the Mosin-Nagant 1930G is twice that of the Mauser 98K! (I think it's the sights, i dont like the 98K's sights, but love the MN1930Gs)

zayd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2006
Jordan
Actually, stats can encourage good conduct in games if applied correctly. for example, getting a "Medal of Heroism" for holding off an enemy raid on a capture point would make the player go "oh cool, im a hero LOL!!111!L!!1", im gonna fight off some more!!11!!".

on the other hand, too much "stat-obsession" might cause the players to go rambo, unless they learn to work together in a team with other players to achieve a mutual goal.

Hyperion2010

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
NC
Pure statistics, without any rankings, but the ability to sort by all the available catagories is very useful for knowing not only how you are doing but how weapons preform over all etc. its really handy.

Awards are bad, they breed contempt. The only real award should be staying alive and helping your team. Stats help to keep me focused (silly ADD).

zayd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2006
Jordan
well, maybe not awards ala bf2 badges/medals/ etc. , but more along the lines of... recognition. sorta like the end round screens of bf2 (best tank crew, best rifleman, best sapper, etc.).

Blackout

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2006
No global ranking please! It ruined the gameplay of battlefield 2 and it will ruin any other game that will use it.

The only stats i want, would be a personaljacket where only my own stats a recorded (to see how i am playin) and NO global stats!

By the way, tomorrow at release time i have to work :eek::(:(:(