• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will perk choices be locked? Please say no.

Here's a small idea; as you level your perk, the only perk bonus you get is a discount on perked weaponry. The skills you unlock and choose every five levels involve actual statistical benefits.

For example, the first two skills for commando could be A) % damage bonus per perk level or B) % reload speed bonus per perk level.

This new skill system could be something like that, yeah?

Upvote 0
That's a pretty hard hit to the functionality of a perk. "lets make you choose between more damage for your assault rifles or the ability to see health bars" Well, may as well not add the health bar "skill" as on higher difficulties more damage with your in-class is far more valuable to your survivability than a nifty parlor trick that helps you see through smoke and flying guts easily.

IMO, it looks like a good idea in theory, but in execution, may not be so good.

Example: DICE derped so hard with the AA mines and 3 GL, "lets add new stuff and people will like it"
"quickly nerfs AA mines for being game breaking" Why, Kertz, why did you add this in the first?
New concept doesn't mean better necessarily.

Upvote 0
That's a pretty hard hit to the functionality of a perk. "lets make you choose between more damage for your assault rifles or the ability to see health bars" Well, may as well not add the health bar "skill" as on higher difficulties more damage with your in-class is far more valuable to your survivability than a nifty parlor trick that helps you see through smoke and flying guts easily.

IMO, it looks like a good idea in theory, but in execution, may not be so good.
Exactly what I meant. We'll see how it works out, but I was just saying, from what I read, it sounds bad... to me.

Upvote 0
the ability to re-spec (if not 100% fill) a skill tree in any game with RPG elements is pretty much obligatory. I can't think of any big game that leaves that part out.
Not sure it's a "big game" but Dead Island (and Riptide) don't allow respec. Would be extremely annoying if it weren't for a savegame editor being available that lets you reset your skills.

Upvote 0
Not sure it's a "big game" but Dead Island (and Riptide) don't allow respec. Would be extremely annoying if it weren't for a savegame editor being available that lets you reset your skills.

It looks like a swap and go. You unlock the skill, then you swap and choose which skill you want to use. I don't think its particularly good idea, because it takes away from the simple elegance of the already specialized nature of perks themselves. Over-specialization simply due to these "skills" seem annoying, gamey, and restrictive to the already present perks.

Upvote 0