• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will manual bolting still be there?

I like the manual bolting. But I always felt that having it on the trigger (i.e. left mouse button) negated much of the fun and immersion.

I would like to separate trigger and bolt (different buttons). Or at least make you manipulate the left mouse button in a way that doesn't make you work the bolt by rapidly clicking the button. Maybe hold it down for 0.3 seconds. And to avoid imposing delays when doing it right, be able to 'start' holding it down immediately after firing the shot. This could cause some people work the bolt a little slower when losing their cool - just like reality. :)

Upvote 0
slight speed bonus over automatic bolting.

Instead of that i wouldnt give any bonus, but 5% change of fault loading, where bullet goes side ways and need to be loaded again to autoboltters.

So basicly if you use manual bolting your gun doesnt never "jam" on that process. If you use automatic bolting it sometimes does and you need to klick left button to reload bullet again.

I hope that reloading magazine will be manual for all

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I like having a button so i can do everything myself. But especially for a new player a lot of that can be confusing.

It would perhaps be nice if by default you have auto reload, auto bolt, auto this and auto that. Just so a player only needs to memorize like a few buttons to start playing.

While people can if they prefer turn things on later.

Upvote 0
In current FPSs, which are dumb titles and doesn't have any difficult and great features like Red Orchestra, game offers to new players tutorials... how to throw grenade (press G key), how to reload (press R key), how to shot and other obvious stuff...

Red Orchestra didn't have any of such things and we all needed to learn it by self or look for information on internet. Most of newcomers uninstalled the Ostfront not b/c game was too difficult, but b/c some features were hard to understand in first contact.

I think if HoS will have some materials for newbies built in, than game won't need any automatic functions or advanced HUD help...

Anyway I like that idea where player gets some minor advantages if he play in oldschool, RO way, w/o feedback from game.

Upvote 0
Instead of that i wouldnt give any bonus, but 5% change of fault loading, where bullet goes side ways and need to be loaded again to autoboltters.

So basicly if you use manual bolting your gun doesnt never "jam" on that process. If you use automatic bolting it sometimes does and you need to klick left button to reload bullet again.
This TOTALLY defeats the purpose of having automatic bolting as an option for the player. Most of the people who will use autobolting are new comers to the game. It is meant to make things EASIER ... the last thing you want to do is make something harder for the player who wants an easier and more user friendly experience.

That's like putting training wheels on a bike for a little kid, only to make them square instead of round ...

Upvote 0
However after cycling your bolt your mouse will be in a slightly different place and you will likely have to adjust your aim, as in real life.

You can keep your Mauser partitially sighted and fully shouldered while rebolting the gun as it's not that long of a weapon, presuming you're not 'too short' in relative sense. Mosin is another story though. Obviously it's rather tiring if done for long period of time.

As for your odd grip, Mosin is actually really easy to rebolt if you just grab the bolt inside your palm and pull the bolt towards your left shoulder and then pull it back, push back and to your right.

Upvote 0