Will manual bolting still be there?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
Maybe I'm blind but I have't seen any "evidence" of it still being there.
Maybe it was just the style the presentation was played in, but all I have seen up until now was instant bolting.

I'd miss it if it wasn't included any more.

Devil_Inside

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2007
Moldova
We'll have manual bolting, but its going to be an option. And if you manual bolt, you'll get a slight speed bonus over automatic bolting.
Sounds good!
Is it going to be client-side option or server side?
Will it be possible to manual bolt on servers with auto bolting?

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Wat.

You are confusing Auto bolting with auto aiming. :rolleyes:

If you take a look on Modern Warfare games, there player only need to press one magic key and game automatically kill enemy if he is enough close. It doesn't matter he is behind obstacles, next to or in front of you. Autoaiming help there a lot. I'm worry about that.

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
If you take a look on Modern Warfare games, there player only need to press one magic key and game automatically kill enemy if he is enough close. It doesn't matter he is behind obstacles, next to or in front of you. Autoaiming help there a lot. I'm worry about that.
Lol dude you're totally missing the point of this thread. This game DOESN'T HAVE AUTOAIM. We're talking about the ability to fire a shot with a bolt action rifle with one click, and then the second click works the bolt on the rifle as opposed to most games where you click and your player automatically retracts the bolt.

gyps

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
Good i can still forget to click second time and wind up with no bullet in chamber lololo

Part of the fun :)

Nimsky

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach

facepalmrammjaeger.jpg

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Lol dude you're totally missing the point of this thread. This game DOESN'T HAVE AUTOAIM. We're talking about the ability to fire a shot with a bolt action rifle with one click, and then the second click works the bolt on the rifle as opposed to most games where you click and your player automatically retracts the bolt.

Ok, now I get it. I thought you're talking about differences in melee attack of bolt rifle. Now we can move back to thread, sry :)

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek

Deadbolt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2008
It's a good option for the lazy people to have auto-bolting, but personally I would never use it. Often times i take a shot and hit/miss the enemy who is throwing a nade at me. If i had taken the time to bolt back the bullet i'd be dead but instead i opt to run and dive behind cover before rebolting. The same goes for the old hip shoot, miss and run to stab combo.