• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will be the RO HOS gameplay like RO1? Will be a simulator a realism game again?

98% HOS will have arcade elements. The only way to keep interested softcore and hardcore fans,which is used by all companies nowadays is to implement two server setting types - normal and hardcore
That is what TWI had in mind when they threw out the idea of a relaxed realism setting as well. But keep in mind that RO:Ost is quite possibly the most realistic game out there while still being simple enough to pick up and play with a little practice. The reason this community is so strong is because we all love this game for the same reason: realism and fun combined perfectly. So with that in mind it is safe to say that relaxed realism is still going to be ten times more unforgiving than normal mode in COD. TWI would never alienate their concrete fanbase, because every good gaming company knows that in order to have a longstanding multiplayer game, you have to have a strong community back it.

So relax, and trust in TWI, they aren't going to nerf the whole game (maybe just tiny bits of it;))

Upvote 0
We'll have to wait and see.

They're added an arcade mode, and are adding in more gimmicks which take the immersion out.

You decide.

For sure it won't be a CoD clone, but as realistic as the first game? Doubt it.

HoS is probably going to be the transitional game between the realistic and arcade games in the series, like GRAW 1/2 PC were for the Ghost Recon series.

Upvote 0
Real life is easy, I don't have to push a hundred buttons in real life to do what I want, I just do it naturally. So if the game is realistic but hard to use, then its already unrealistic.

RO:HoS will have a lot of things that RO1 doesn't (or any other FPS) and the Devs aim for a natural feel of it, of course the game is not ready so we don't know how it'll turn out to be in the end, but the videos look very promising

once you get over the learning curve, a combination of 4 or 5 buttons is like second nature. of course, one has to have the patience to get over the hurdle first.

Upvote 0
once you get over the learning curve, a combination of 4 or 5 buttons is like second nature. of course, one has to have the patience to get over the hurdle first.

After completing the original Flashpoint, its two expansions, and ArmA, I can pretty much say that I had quite a lot of patience to get over the hurdle of the learning curve, and I still think its control is BS.

If I have to spend time to learn a control to become a second nature, then its already not natural, even if you learned them, Flashpoint/ArmA controls never feels natural, the movements are very clunky, the things that the soldier do are not really what the player wants to do.

They make you go through all those "realistic" animations in the name of "realism", but all they do is taking the control away from you, which is a complete immersion breaker. In RL you are supposed to control your body, not the opposite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They make you go through all those "realistic" animations in the name of "realism", but all they do is taking the control away from you, which is a complete immersion breaker. In RL you are supposed to control your body, not the opposite.

Partly because controlling your own body regarding your movements such as snapping fingers, bending your leg 50 degrees up in their, low crawling at your own pace, doing ballet or so your own cognition makes it easy to do.

For PC, its cognition (in very loosely-applied way) is dependant on keyboard and the code of the product in the first place. Even with the perfect code you still would run to the problem of keyboard limitation of functions in comparasion for human brain performance.

Upvote 0
Partly because controlling your own body regarding your movements such as snapping fingers, bending your leg 50 degrees up in their, low crawling at your own pace, doing ballet or so your own cognition makes it easy to do.

For PC, its cognition (in very loosely-applied way) is dependant on keyboard and the code of the product in the first place. Even with the perfect code you still would run to the problem of keyboard limitation of functions in comparasion for human brain performance.

but in the end it comes down to how it "feels", and it really doesn't feel right in the ArmA games

Upvote 0
Realism ? 10 kills streak !!! You recieved the Order of the Red Banner
You can call in a squadron of vicious Night Witches.

Order_of_Red_Banner.png

You are 12 points away to receive Order of the October Revolution.
With this order you will have acces to a large Stalinorgan barrage.

OrderOfTheOctoberRevolution.jpg

Do I need to continue ??

I'm convinced the game is in good hands with TWI....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They've already stated they would have different levels of realism. Do people not understand this concept? Or do they not believe it?

Thing is, last I heard, the radar (or whatever they want to call it) will be in the realism mode.

Maybe they've changed this, but it won't matter much anyways when you'll be stuck with only 1-2 servers playing realism mode 1 year after the game is released.

Upvote 0
Thing is, last I heard, the radar (or whatever they want to call it) will be in the realism mode.

Maybe they've changed this, but it won't matter much anyways when you'll be stuck with only 1-2 servers playing realism mode 1 year after the game is released.

I read somewhere that there will be pink MG 42 wielding squirrels in Heroes and I am sure they will be in the realism mode. You will only be able to see them on listen servers, because there won't be any dedicated servers anyway. ;)

/s

Upvote 0

Really? Because last I heard they had ditched the "radar" in favor of a perhiphrial vision system. If that's the case I'm very excited. With TWI catering to the realism crowd with stuff like the Countdown mode, I'm not particularly worried about them turning it into an arcade fest.

Upvote 0
3 Kills: Radar
5 Kills: V2 Strike
7 Kills: Bear Cavalry! :eek:

If anyone asks, this is totally official.

Also, there have been rumors of a 20 kill reward: Pink Squirrel Swarm: Unleashes 300 rabid pink squirrels wielding MG42s that fire heat seeking bullets and never miss, you know, like those choppers from COD4 because that's like totally realistic because obviously everything made by COD4 is realistic and if you are a person on the internet that has played COD4, you are instantly a qualified firearms expert.

Upvote 0
3 Kills: Radar
5 Kills: V2 Strike
7 Kills: Bear Cavalry! :eek:

If anyone asks, this is totally official.

Also, there have been rumors of a 20 kill reward: Pink Squirrel Swarm: Unleashes 300 rabid pink squirrels wielding MG42s that fire heat seeking bullets and never miss, you know, like those choppers from COD4 because that's like totally realistic because obviously everything made by COD4 is realistic and if you are a person on the internet that has played COD4, you are instantly a qualified firearms expert.

windzor!

On another note, I think threads like these should result in a ban :rolleyes: This must be the 100th thread demanding that RO not be like CoD. For ****S SAKE!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0