• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will be the RO HOS gameplay like RO1? Will be a simulator a realism game again?

Celonius

May 25, 2010
Will the gameplay of this new RO Like the former, maintaining a dynamic simulator of the second world war?

Something that I fear much of this sequel is if the gameplay remain true to its predecessor.
RO I think the best shooter of WWII, because more than one game is a simulator.
He was tired of games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Battlefields ... Where you saw the players fired at two meters while running from side to side while jumping and moving from side to side as if they were Flash. He was tired of seeing the lack of team play and only of who was the best.
In RO saw what he wanted. For starters it was the stupid sight now to point you should do as in real life, what gave you less mobile. The decrease was real, in MG is of little use to a long burst of bullets, the barrel gets hot. Snipers with Thompson or PPSh not exist. And the same with the other weapons. Another very important thing was the mobility of players, now no longer seemed Flash and could not move from left to dodge the bullets, jumping while shooting and running just as fast if you shoot in the legs.
Finally the maps and the ambience were great, wide and large, always providing a real battlefield, inhabited by guns and MGs and where all the players established a position and only moved from her and advanced when necessary, as in the history of the battles of WWII.
In RO die with a bullet in RO can not go it alone because you get nothing in RO is a front and battles are distances between the rifle, and submachine GPs due to the real mobility of skins, to the lack of crosshair and large maps.
That's RO and so I keep playing.
Tryware Lords, I hope they do not touch that aspect in this sequel, because that was the basis of its predecessor and I hope they follow the same dynamic of realism and simulation or even better, but please, do not make a Call of RO Duty over, do not become an arcade shooter.

Desgraciadamente el realismo y la simulaci

I don't consider RO as a simulator, for me a simulator is a synonym of unplayable and boring program with hundreds of keybinds

RO is a game, a realistic one, but its still a game.

RO2 will be even more realistic than RO1, and at the same time it'll be even more playable.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry.

Upvote 0
When a refer RO as a simulator game i refer a realism game not a call of duty.

Look this line

Arcade----o----o----------o-----------------------x-----------Simulator
Doom MOH COD Battlefield RO ARMA

I hope that RO2 will be more realistic thant RO but not like ARMA.

Sorry for tell that RO is a simulator, i want to refer that is a semi-simulator and good realistic game of WWII

Upvote 0
I hope that RO2 will be more realistic thant RO but not like ARMA.

so far, from the videos I've seen, it looks like thats exactly how its gonna be, It'll be more realistic than RO1, but won't be unplayable like ArmA, but actually easier to play than RO1, because you'll be able to naturally do a lot of things that you couldn't do in RO1

Upvote 0
I find ArmA II very enjoyable to play with my clanmates. So would map and mission editor be to much to ask?

To stay on topic. I agree with Celonius in that RO is next to ArmA, but not as hard to learn. If ArmA is hard to learn I'd say that RO is a game that is somewhat easy to learn but hard to master.

Upvote 0
I don't understand one thing. How a more realistic game will be more playable. The experience say me that the people loves arcade games, they hate realistic games, they hate to stay 5-10 minutes in a same position, they hate that the battle been statics and slow, they hates don't kill anyone in a round, they hates that the game don't have a crosshair, they hate that the movement of the skins will be slower that COD and the rest of arcade games, they hate don't know the position who the enemy kill him, they hate that the game will be realistic and slower. They hate the possibility that he don't change and won the round, they want to be the best, the want the best score and they don't like teamplay.
I don't understand, somebody can explain me what do you refer with a more realistic and the same time more playable than RO1?

Upvote 0
I don't understand one thing. How a more realistic game will be more playable. The experience say me that the people loves arcade games, they hate realistic games, they hate to stay 5-10 minutes in a same position, they hate that the battle been statics and slow, they hates don't kill anyone in a round, they hates that the game don't have a crosshair, they hate that the movement of the skins will be slower that COD and the rest of arcade games, they hate don't know the position who the enemy kill him, they hate that the game will be realistic and slower. They hate the possibility that he don't change and won the round, they want to be the best, the want the best score and they don't like teamplay.
I don't understand, somebody can explain me what do you refer with a more realistic and the same time more playable than RO1?

Real life is easy, I don't have to push a hundred buttons in real life to do what I want, I just do it naturally. So if the game is realistic but hard to use, then its already unrealistic.

RO:HoS will have a lot of things that RO1 doesn't (or any other FPS) and the Devs aim for a natural feel of it, of course the game is not ready so we don't know how it'll turn out to be in the end, but the videos look very promising

Upvote 0
Just because a game is more "playable" doesn't make it less realistic at all. Just think of how many "realism" games have annoying quirks, like weird controls or weapon handling. Then think about how many of those same quirks in the game SHOULD actually be easy to do in real life. That is what increased playability is all about.

Let's look at RO as an example. Somtimes it can be reeeeally annoying to quickly deploy a machine gun on an object in front of you. Alot of times you have to get it juuuust right for the game to let you deploy. In that time, you could have been easily have been killed. Of course, in real life, you just slap that sucker on to the wall and let the enemy have it. So therefore, easier and more playable in this case is also more realistic and true to life. This example can be applied to many situations in common first person shooters that try to be realistic.

You get my point?

Upvote 0
I find ArmA II very enjoyable to play with my clanmates. So would map and mission editor be to much to ask?

To stay on topic. I agree with Celonius in that RO is next to ArmA, but not as hard to learn. If ArmA is hard to learn I'd say that RO is a game that is somewhat easy to learn but hard to master.
Unreal Development Kit: http://www.udk.com/

Upvote 0
I saw in some videos that there is a radar in game.
Anybody know if the radar will be only in single player? or also in multiplayer?
I think that it is a error, radar on WWII game is not realistic.

Its not a radar, and I'm not sure if its final, it may be changed for another method, but it only shows your squad mates and have a very limited range, normally in real life you see more than what you see in a monitor so you can perceive the position of your squad mates, that radar is used to simulate that.

If its there, it would also probably be one of those features that can be turned off in the hardcore mode

Upvote 0