• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will anyone taking assault class use the MP40 now?

Only reason so many MKB 42's are on the field right now is because it's a "new toy" once people realize it isn't that awesome they will go back to the MP40, I played with the mkb for about an hour and it has some gnarly recoil, long distance shooting even in bursts is extremely hard, your better off using it like a semi auto rifle by switching to semi auto by pressing 6. Even then it isn't AS accurate as a rifle.

I favor the mp40 because even when firing full auto it hardly has any recoil and the recoil it does have is easily controllable. I think that is probably why most people will like the mp40.

Mvb has very manageable recoil imo, you can easily hit targets up to 100m or so in bursts and beyond that it's very easy to single fire without having to use the select fire. And the superior penetration capabilities makes it the obvious choice over the mp40 in indoor situations.

I don't think I'm going to use it anymore because I think it's absolutely INSANE that they even included it in a "realistic" game. It completely blows my mind that any non-mentally handicapped person could think putting it in was a good decision.

Upvote 0
One or two things I'm curious to know and would test if I -ever- played assault.

1.) Does MP40 have a higher rate of fire?

2.) Has anyone tried using MP40 "as an assault rifle" meaning you played a round exactly the same with mp40 as if you had an mkb42? I'd be curious to note your score.

I have a feeling if they get an mkb people are acting more tactically because "hey I have an assault rifle tactical weapon" even though MP40 would serve you just as well, but people run and gun with it, because in games that is the traditional MP40 role and that's what gamers go on.

Just a theory.

Upvote 0
I only use the MKb rarely, I'd hate myself if I would make it into my main weapon.
I mean, theoretically it's the single best weapon in the game, but I just can't bring myself to use it that much, ultimately losing all pride for my skill because I know, deep inside, that depending on this weapon makes me a noob to myself.

MP40 + PPSh all the way.

Because killing anything with MP-40 or PPsh requires sureal amount of skill

:D :D :D

Why pick MP40 with 9mm when you can pick Mkb with the big boy bullets?

See above

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use the Mkb because it's selected by default and I'm lazy, the fire mode selection is nice, and the thinner profile makes it feel less clunky IMO. It also seems like it shoots through more walls and my inner CoD4 player finds that very appealing.

Still wish it were a ~2 per team weapon, but when in Rome, do as the Romans do :rolleyes:.

Upvote 0
When people unlock the dual magazines they will use the MP40.
Infact, I think they can only unlock them by using the MP40 and getting the required kills(?)

So the MKB whores won't even see the light of day of that.

Same with the AVB'ers, they won't get the drum magazine and select fire of the PPSH and such.

Ugh, this game is at the same level of WaW (in hardcore mode), maybe worse because at least WaW had variety from the different fronts.

Upvote 0
The only problem with the MP40 is penetration against medium cover like brick, but it's still fine against plaster walls/wood.

Other than that it's totally superior in every way to the MkB. Once people start getting MP40/II I bet you'll wish that they were carrying MkBs. You almost never fight at ranges in which you really benefit from the MkBs extra range over the MP40, 90-95% of the time you're shooting at guys inside of 100m, which is an easy shot if you're skilled with the MP40.

Upvote 0