• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

dktekno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Why am I always the winner in a game when I have finished it? Why dont it ever end out with me being shot?

Why are my teams always behind me, and not in the same line of me?

Why do none of my team mates die?

Why can I take 500 bullets in my stomach before I die?

Why is war always presented heroic?

Why is war always pure?

Why is large killing fields never presented?

Why are the speeches never dirty?

Why is it so hollywood?

That and "He was a hero, a man of courage and conviction who chose to fight for his country, for his beliefs, for freedom. He was prepared to sacrifice it all to fight the rise of evil" is a really shitty opening narration to be followed by someone lying on a beach in a less-than heroic fetal position while screaming for his mother, as his guts wash in and out with the tide after 0.0003 seconds in "glorious battle". OMG this game = sux!

Doesnt make for a very good Band of Call of SPR Brothers of Duty and Honor Part XVII even with SLI and HDR does it :/

Upvote 0
dktekno said:
Why am I always the winner in a game when I have finished it? Why dont it ever end out with me being shot?

Why is war always pure?

Why is it so hollywood?

You havent played operation flashpoint i see.

Upvote 0
dktekno said:

Why is war always pure?

Why is it so hollywood?
Makes me think of Vietcong: Fist Alpha...
You die at the end, your teammates are mostly up front, you can take 1 or 2 hits, it is more grunt-like than heroic WW2 shooters, it isn't pure war (intermezzo's and stuff), you'll find whole fields with dead people, the dialogues are dirty as hell (banned in 8 countries) and it isn't Hollywood. :)

Upvote 0
Poro said:
Quoted for truth. I think he/she means singleplayers games?

Probably. What he's saying sounds a lot like BiA/CoD/MoH which I don't like either. But everything's alright now, we have RO:Ostfront, CoD guys have their games. No need for CoD "realism" mods anymore.
The only thing that's kind of sad is the lack of good singleplayer games which I guess dktekno is addressing. I don't mind it much, last singleplayer game I played until the end was HL1.

Upvote 0
dktekno said:

Why is war always pure?

Why is it so hollywood?

wouldnt that be a great Singleplayer for RO.

Upvote 0
dktekno said:
Mafia...
dktekno said:
Rainbow Six, Brothers in Arms
dktekno said:
That

Upvote 0
Wolfsglen said:
That and "He was a hero, a man of courage and conviction who chose to fight for his country, for his beliefs, for freedom. He was prepared to sacrifice it all to fight the rise of evil" is a really shitty opening narration to be followed by someone lying on a beach in a less-than heroic fetal position while screaming for his mother, as his guts wash in and out with the tide after 0.0003 seconds in "glorious battle". OMG this game = sux!

Doesnt make for a very good Band of Call of SPR Brothers of Duty and Honor Part XVII even with SLI and HDR does it :/
That made me laugh.

Upvote 0