• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why WW2?

I would have preferred the Vietnam War.

Modern warfare might be a little less interesting. Everyone is issues an assault rifle these days.

In RO, we can have SMGs, semi auto rifles, and bolt action rifles. This makes the gameplay more diverse.

Surely Fallout 3 weapons are not boring, on the contrary, WW2 weapons are boring.

Fallout 3 weapons are boring. The shooting mechanics in the game suck. But, overall, I really like the game.

And depending on SF setting there is no limitation whether weapons are projectile or energy based, in any case the new features would work even better for both..

Your remark is completely void of any substance.

We currently have no energy based weapons fielded in real life.

Considering RO is a realism based game, we can't add fictional crap in it.

If you want a futuristic game, play Crysis or something.

Bare in mind that SF is so flexible it can mean anything, after all, Wolfenstein is SF.

You must remember, this series is not supposed to be a general shooter. It is supposed to be realism based.

This crosses out any crap like Wolfenstein.

Really, if you want scifi stuff, stick to all those other games. Crysis, Wolfenstien, ect. There are plenty of them.

We only have a few realism shooters out there. ArmA 2, which has a lot of flaws, that joke that is OFP2, and HoS. And Ground Branch, if that ever gets released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
An important part of history. (And not your everyday-overdone-Mom and Apple pie Normandy Invasion scenario.)

TBH, I learned a great deal from RO:Ost and the guys here that pushed historical accuracy in their maps, weaponry and uniforms. However sad it may be, I learned more about the Ostfront from a $19 game than I did in my 18 years of formal education. Sci-Fi I can get from comic books for a dime (they still cost a dime don't they?.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want another brown shiny quicktime-event RPG-element space marine game! Preferably involving USS [censored] and thick alien invaders with less intelligence than hurr durr scarke.

As for the "why WW2", as much as it might be 'over the top' thing these days, I'd rather ask when was the last quality WW2 game you played, or shooter? There are few decent ones but often they suffered from some odd issues that sometimes made you pull your own eyes out.

I do have to admit I'd rather have some other historical conflict ala Vietnam or WW1 or something like that, or even early WW2 (1939 - 1940, aka "omfg that's boring doesn't sell in ze americah, same with WW1), probably for the sake of variety or for my personal interest to see things in diffrent forms than bullet absorbing supersoldier that basically wins the entire war alone and everything in the game is designed to reflect that.

I don't mind games like RTCW or so as they were honestly over the top action games (and probably required specific mindset not to get overwhelmed by the lack of realism), or MoHAA or even the first CoD (or BiAs, they were ok, atleast had unique approach albeit had its own issues), but it's basically own truth that typically when you see a warshooter, it's packed with fancy visuals and decorations but are often lacking even in their own realms of insanity while for some accuracy or details you often had to go play some strategy games up to the point where you must be sure your troops have rubber soles instead of hobnails and heel irons to improve their morale and such.

Each to his own, but lack of quality on certain stuff is one thing why I still hold some interest in WW2 games. Even the current superhero warshooter supersoldier bullet absorbing John Doe are just boring and crappy due obnoxious design and the fact instead of being clearly over the top, there's the great disguise for so-called 'realism' for makingeverything look like they took a ride in the sewer pipe and added some bloom in them, enemies respawning up from the arse and basically making Space Invaders look bad.

Upvote 0
Hopefully Tripwire can learn from the success of Killing Floor and will start focusing on non-linear experiences which do not feel like guided tours through documentary reconstruction.

As for realism and SF you again fail to have any extrapolation skills whatsoever, everything is reducible to its base components and then made anew, so there are no obstacles in making SF feel real.
At least District 9 movie should have thought that lesson....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hopefully Tripwire can learn from the success of Killing Floor and will start focusing on non-linear experiences which do not feel like guided tours through documentary reconstruction.

As for realism and SF you again fail to have any extrapolation skills whatsoever, everything is reducible to its base components and then made anew, so there are no obstacles in making SF feel real.
At least District 9 movie should have thought that lesson....

District 9 didn't even have bullet penetration!

Krotz you should make a SF realism game or a MOD for HOS!

I think its a good idea but pretty stupid to come into a forum full of WW2 buffs and ***** about your personal preferences.

Upvote 0
Seriously guys, we all know all about WW2, how each battle ended and so on.

Don't you want an engaging story?
Are you seriously trying to tell me that you wish you always knew how the movie you're gonna watch will end beforehand?

I find this mentality you got going on here very unappealing and unreasonable. There are simply no real arguments against my points.

Upvote 0
Are you seriously trying to tell me that you wish you always knew how the movie you're gonna watch will end beforehand?

If someone could explain me what movie has to do with interactive form of media, I am all ears. But then again we also all know how another brown shiny quicktime-event RPG-element space marine game also ends in general: good guys win and bad aliens loses, and it probably involves hot manly men, a virtual intelligence sidekick with three sizes too small clothing, thick aliens who have less intelligence than hurr durr scarke, gunmetal grey brown shiny toilet graphics, evil experiment that went wrong and so on. So why make one, we all know how they would end? Exploration? I find that difficult in FPS game, and they're not exactly making RPG game like Mass Effect or Baldur's Gate or so.

Once you see a movie or spoil yourself the content, it's the same always. Video game is not same as movie.

so there are no obstacles in making SF feel real.

What is real then? Immersion might put someone feel things like that way, but there's one diffrence between uninteractive historical reconstruction and brown shiny quicktime-event RPG-element space marines: we know other one happened for sure.

There are simply no real arguments against my points.

When you basically ignore every possible counterpoint, point of view, thought, probable argument or so you've pretty much earned a reason for someone to consider yourself as a troll.

Upvote 0