• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why we need body collisons...

As others have said, I really don't think door blocking with full player collisions would be a big issue because there are multiple ways in and out of rooms in RO2, unlike RO1 which often had only one way in or out of a room.

Overall, I don't really care whether same side collisions are there or not, but different side collisions is absolutely a must. I've accidentally run through enemies several times in CQC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As much as I yelled at people for Blocking doors in RO
I still feel Body Collision needs to be in the game
There a number of Reasons
It slows down the game
it stops dumb TKs
it makes movement as a player more important
no body collision is unrealistic
RUN and GUN , body collision will stop some of this
AS far as people blocking doors
That part of being realistic a good player knows to move out of the way
Or even stay and block the door if he sees someone has the door covered
Body collision has it Disadvantages
But being Human always does

Yep, this one. The gaming community needs to mature.

I was so dissapointed to find out RO2 wasn't leading the way.

Upvote 0
If collision were on, you'd get 'team killed' because one of your mates blocked you from returning to cover after you peak out.

Which is more annoying, killing a team mate because he ran through you while shooting, or getting killed because a team mate blocked you out in the open?

Upvote 0
They should at least make a "pole" out of bodys, so you can go through them but not right through their spine.

BF3 has kind of the opposite problem, when a teamate collides you, he pushes you.

In Hedone Tv beta, it's the worst, collision is like bodys were 3 times their size. (still a nice game though)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...because i have teamkilled more than one time my "mates" after they are running throug my body when i was fireing.

The problem there is people running in front of you while you're shooting.

a) don't run in front of someone when they're shooting or you will be shot.
b) don't shoot when a friendly is in front of you, they will get shot.

They just happen to be passing through your body and then end up in front of you. Anyone who knows what they're doing will not walk in front of a shooter.

Those are universal and have almost nothing to do with player collision, while player collision causes more problems than it would solve.

Upvote 0
No, no bodycollisions because such as in ROost players are blocking
doors and i found it irritating that it happens often that players
are pushing you aside.

Now in RO2 players must be alert that they don`t walk into
fire or through another person when shooting.

But in RO0st there were also players walking into your fire.

Yes but not walking through you while you were firing causing them to die and you punished, I just got kicked form a server due to this, (also morons walking infront of my mg fire, other grief). I think body collision is badly needed, all servers i play on during the day have all had admins, dont believe door blocking would be a problem where i play, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Upvote 0
A bit of a side note but the dead guy rag dolls do collide with one another,

Yes, the Germans stack up nicely.

73BC748832C47CEDFFF0F688A7A9C484988CCB64

Upvote 0