• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why we need body collisons...

This ghost crap would be at least somewhat acceptable if two bodies attempted to push away from each other like TF2, but damn two people can stand directly inside each other!

Yeah like I said they could do it like that at least. An it would probably shut people up that it bothers. But it will add the annoyance of your aim being thrown off every time someone steps too close to you. I could live with it if they decide to add it but if not I wont care.

Upvote 0
It would require a boatload of coding, but you could get around body collision griefing by having body physics. If you have 2 or more guys pushing against a griefer blocking the door, you'll push the griefer out of the way.

Think about it, IRL, if one guy is blocking the door, you push him out of the way.

That would be the best.

And remember, RO2 is in many way different as RO:Ost was. You could jump over walls and through windows. If a single door is blocked you could easy go another way, maybe it

Reactions: shadowmoses
Upvote 0
Well said Sir Reginald...it does seem unrealistic how it is now.
As much as I yelled at people for Blocking doors in RO
I still feel Body Collision needs to be in the game
There a number of Reasons
It slows down the game
it stops dumb TKs
it makes movement as a player more important
no body collision is unrealistic
RUN and GUN , body collision will stop some of this
AS far as people blocking doors
That part of being realistic a good player knows to move out of the way
Or even stay and block the door if he sees someone has the door covered
Body collision has it Disadvantages
But being Human always does

Upvote 0
Body collisions would certainly be preferable, the ghost thing is a major cause of the arcade feel of the current state of the game.

As for morons persistently or deliberately blocking doorways, well, I have always held that such players are one of the few exceptions to the rule about not tking.

Upvote 0
It would require a boatload of coding, but you could get around body collision griefing by having body physics. If you have 2 or more guys pushing against a griefer blocking the door, you'll push the griefer out of the way.

Think about it, IRL, if one guy is blocking the door, you push him out of the way.
But then griefers would have another way to grief you. If you are in a window sniping then someone could push you out of the way. Or if you are taking cover (Not using the goofy cover system) next to a door way then someone could push you out into the the door way and in line of fire. I don't know how you would code it to identify a dominant 'pusher' either. If you identify him as the one that is moving then whats to say someone that wants to grieve just has to stand in a door and move forward once people come thru.... then it would be like an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. This wouldn't work as well as it does in a games like TF2 because TF2 games have so much constant movement and fast arcade style gameplay that someone pushing someone doesn't really matter.

Its their (TWI) own fault that it would take alot of coding to add collision back is. The bottom line is that this should have been one of the many things on their list to do during the 4+ more months they needed to finish this game. They are a 'Real' game company now and they need to stop treating this game like its still a mod and produce a quality game the first time and if need be add things in later... instead of pushing out a broken game and fixing it as they go (can anyone say AA3?). I can't think of any shooter out right now that doesn't have some sort of movement penalty for colliding into players. Its just silly and downright sloppy.
Too many little things like this is the reason that you can only see 2500 people play at any given time on a Saturday night.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But then griefers would have another way to grief you.

I am opposed to not include something on the argument that it could be abused by people with bad intentions.

I can think of a number of trolltastic tricks I could pull on a public server that will piss people off and ruin their game other then being a nuisance by standing around in their way. A gameplay saboteur will and does always find a way.

Full players collision (and it really is only about your teammates as there should never ever be no collision regarding enemies) brings more good to the table then the odd "I can't move there this instant" situation.

Upvote 0
I am opposed to not include something on the argument that it could be abused by people with bad intentions.

I can think of a number of trolltastic tricks I could pull on a public server that will piss people off and ruin their game other then being a nuisance by standing around in their way. A gameplay saboteur will and does always find a way.

Full players collision (and it really is only about your teammates as there should never ever be no collision regarding enemies) brings more good to the table then the odd "I can't move there this instant" situation.

Oh i agree. I'm just saying the TF2 'push' collision is sorta half assing it. I'm saying if you are going to do it then do it right and add full collision.

Upvote 0
Fixing a problem in a realistic game
by put in something that unrealistic that adds other problems does not fix anything
In the Army
If someone was holding up a movement you left him
Sometime with a bump on the head other times with a hole in the head:eek:
IN RO that how we handle it, ask the person to move if after 2 or 3 times
he had a hole in his head
Learning how to move as a group has all ways been one of the Major Importance of any army

Upvote 0
Fixing a problem in a realistic game
by put in something that unrealistic that adds other problems does not fix anything
In the Army
If someone was holding up a movement you left him
Sometime with a bump on the head other times with a hole in the head:eek:
IN RO that how we handle it, ask the person to move if after 2 or 3 times
he had a hole in his head
Learning how to move as a group has all ways been one of the Major Importance of any army

:IS2:Agreed. I have no problem with adding one mark on my kick ticker for the sake of removing someone AFK in a doorway. If it gets bad enough then the admins will kick him or you post his/her name on the servers forums and have them banned. Simple.

The big issue with collision tbh is probably an issue with the engine not being able to run properly. With all these collision calculations going on in the background (Bullets hitting bodies, going thru bodies and hitting a wall, bullets going thru bodies and hitting other bodies, automatic gun fire flying around hitting other objects and penetrating, thro in a 64 player count and well...) Colliding with players is probably something they took out to make the game run smoother. They probably did that for the sake of fluid gameplay.

If they took out all the MG's and SMG's that make each game so expensive (like they should for the sake of gameplay and realism) then maybe they might be able to put character collisions in.

Upvote 0
we need body collision to have even more game-killing bugs. Like getting stucked inside of each other. I had this already when in tank and another tank spawns right above you - you both get stuck. I imagine what it would look like with body collision enabled. I believe it's so buggy they turned it off.

Upvote 0
we need body collision to have even more game-killing bugs. Like getting stucked inside of each other. I had this already when in tank and another tank spawns right above you - you both get stuck. I imagine what it would look like with body collision enabled. I believe it's so buggy they turned it off.

I played RO for 2k hours and it has body collision
I never seen anyone having sex--- (being stuck inside someone) :)
as for tanks there all kinds of bugs with the tanks

Upvote 0