• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why the Univ. Carrier not the T-20?

Heres a pic for peple who haven't seen one!

75606703.jpg

It might have been because the T-20 isn't as well known. (altho I love it! [SIZE=-1]Komsomolets ooze style![/SIZE])

It might be because there are problems with shooting people in cargo (Its very easy to do this with the T-20 as there is no protection for the passengers).

It might be to do with balance issues.

Of course this is all wild speculation and I dont really have any ider!

Upvote 0
Possibly because the Bren Carrier, however lightweight in terms of its ability to protect vs. small-arms fire, still provides SOME minimal protection which, by the look of it, the T20 doesn't even pretend to provide.

The T20 was, as I understand it, a tractor, not an APC. The Bren Carrier is at least an APC if not necessarily a particularly good one.

And as a side question, why does this seem to happen literally every patch? The devs add something and people start saying "Why'd you do this instead of that?"

Upvote 0
YUP!
Heres some germans doing just that on a captured one.
Can anyone ID that gun? it doesnt look like a german 75 or 105. It could be russian as well, but I've never seen one like it. French prahaps?

komsomolets.jpg

These guys are Finns, not Germans. And I think that gun is French 1875 model cannon. Some might say, wasn`t that already a bit antique piece back then.:)

Upvote 0
YUP!
Heres some germans doing just that on a captured one.
Can anyone ID that gun? it doesnt look like a german 75 or 105. It could be russian as well, but I've never seen one like it. French prahaps?

komsomolets.jpg

Those are Finns and in answer to the 'why knock the devs?" question you will see in my original post that I was just curious and have now received a satisfactory answer viz. the Komsomolets was an artillery tractor.

Case closed.

Upvote 0