Why is there a region lock on the servers??

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Sgt.NightFire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
Why can't i see servers outside Europe? When my friends play, i can see the US servers in the Friends tab of the Server Browser, but i can't see them in the regular browser! Why am i being blocked outside the game?

I'm from the Netherlands and mostly play late in the evening or even night, in the night, i can find maybe one server with just over 40 people playing if im lucky! Don't block me out of the game!!

I wanna add to this, this could deal a death blow to units/clans for the game! Some units have members from all over the world, how can they find new members if half of them is being blocked out!!

Last edited:

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
Not sure about this, I can see servers worldwide including NA, Europe and a bunch in Australia. Is it something through your ISP?

Cat_in_da_Hat

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 11, 2006
yeah something is going on at your end. I can see all servers and seems to be that way with most people. Check your filters maybe there is something filtering pings.

Sgt.NightFire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
Raven1986;n2296076 said:
Could it be you are living in a "not so free" free country?

I live in the Netherlands, one of the first countries where gay couples could marry. So yeah, more than free enough!

Maybe i got the same issue that some people have, where they actually see no servers at all. I never had this issue in RO2 or RS.

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
I was going to suggest to try changing your steam "In-game server browser: max pings/min setting", but you do get some servers so I don't know if that would help. Could be worth a try, though. Its a quick, easy change. (I'd restart steam after changing it though to make sure the change sticks). That would probably fix those that aren't getting any servers. Some routers balk when spammed with pings.

Settings>In Game down at the bottom.