• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why I love the Scrake's animations

MultiSlayer

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
I recently watched one of the greatest horror movies of all time, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The original 1974 version of course. And I just realized that Leatherface's dance at the end of the movie is strikingly similar to the KF2 Scrake's attack animations, the devs must have gotten inspiration from it. :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxi2dwXHJZY

Truly a definitive movie for the horror genre, it never gets old for me. Someone should make a Leatherface skin for the Scrake!

Agreed. Ppl prefer the cold-blooded style of the KF1 variant. Which isn't unreasonable or anything. You got that Michael Myers-esque style horror villain.

But I like this new style for sure.

In terms of actual appearance and the sounds he makes, I like the KF1 style better. And I think Leatherface from that movie is more similar to the KF1 Scrake than KF2. But the animations though, are what redeem the KF2 Scrake for me.

Imagine KF1 appearance and sounds, combined with the KF2 animations! One can dream. :D

Someone make a Leatherface mod!

Upvote 0
I like the calm of the KF1 scrake. They dont seems to feel anything, he will just chainsaw your face whenever he can.

KF2 scrake feels a lot more angry (just like clots). Both are crazy but I think KF1 scrake fit the character more because of the crazy-coldblood-calm factor instead of the crazy-chainsaw-everything style.

EDIT: my bad, its calm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One thing i want?

His chainsaw stab attack, where he just tried to impale you with the chainsaw going full speed until you backed out of range

he has like a jab right now at the end of one of his charge combo things, but he doesn't have the classic "I WANT YOU DEAD NOW" attack that he used to.

The scrake and FP both seem to be focused way more on area damage rather than single targets, so while they're more manic they're honestly less scary.

Upvote 0
One thing i want?

His chainsaw stab attack, where he just tried to impale you with the chainsaw going full speed until you backed out of range

he has like a jab right now at the end of one of his charge combo things, but he doesn't have the classic "I WANT YOU DEAD NOW" attack that he used to.

The scrake and FP both seem to be focused way more on area damage rather than single targets, so while they're more manic they're honestly less scary.

The stab attack of KF1 actually did less damage than the swing. His swing did ~40 and the stab only did ~10 per second.

Upvote 0
I'm not a huge fan of the new Scrake's animations , it makes him look rather silly ,almost like if he were doing some ballerina moves. But that's a nice reference nevertheless! The remake of the first movie isn't half bad (in fact,a particular scene is even better... but I won't say which one ;) ) but please, stay VERY FAR away from the third and fourth movies... These are abominations and not in the good way.

Upvote 0